s e v e n: April.

Before Camila can even knock on the wooden door of The Jauregui's family, someone opens it, grabs her hand and pulls her upstairs.

"We've been dating for about two weeks and you already want to kidnap me?" Camila jokes

"No, I have to tell you something." Lauren nervously paces around the room

"You're not—you're not breaking up with me, right?"

"What? No! Why would I—nevermind – I'm not."

"Okay, so, what's up?"

"My mom knows about us. I uh—came out to her yesterday. It's a funny story actually. We were watching Ellen and she said its her favorite lesbian and before I could process what's going on, I said I thought in her favorite lesbian. Apparently she kinda already knew you're my girl. She—she's not gonna tell your parents though, she won't tell anyone."

"Okay."

"You're not mad? I know you want to keep it on the low—because of your family—but –"

"I get it babe. You could've at least tell me before, I'm not prepared."

"Camz," Lauren lets out a laugh "my parents adore you. You don't have to worry."

"But now they know we're a thing and—"

"And it changes nothing. We can still have sleepovers and close the doors, we can still go out together. They might tease a bit, that's all."

"I'm already used to teasing from your family."

"What do you mean?" Lauren furrows her brows

"You're telling me you did not notice Jacob teasing us about each other all the time?"

"Not really." Lauren mumbles

"He knows, doesn't he?"

"Wel, uh, yes. He knew about my crush on you since the beginning and I guess once we got together, I couldn't wait to tell him. I'm sorry."

"Lauren, I don't care. I trust him. It's okay. We just, we need to be careful, okay? My parents— they can't find out."

Lauren nods and kisses the top of Camila's head, not wanting to pressure her about this.

A few days later Lauren and Lucy decide to study for an exam together at Lucy's place.

Lauren humming to the slow song coming from Lucy's speakers as she sits on the bed, a book in her hand.

Lucy prefers lying on the floor and staring at an open book, not really paying attention.

"Do you have highlighters?"

"Somewhere in my desk." Lucy mumbles

Lauren gets up and walks over to the desk, opening each drawer to find it.

"Um, Luce?"

"What?"

"What's this?"

Lucy looks up from her book to see the object of Lauren's interest.

"You know what it is Lo," Lucy rolls her eyes "weed, the green, pot."

"I didn't know you keep this around."

"It's not like my parents go through my stuff." Lucy shrugs

"How is it?"

"How is what?"

"Being high." Lauren mumbles

"We can light it up, if you want to."

"Now?"