s i x t e e n: January.

When Camila wakes up on January first, she has no memory of the last night. She remembers faintly dancing around with Dinah and Dinah's friend Ally. She knows that at one point of the night Dinah was making out with a really hot Asian girl from their school's Debate Team, she also know that Ally can sing and that she and Dinah did have a battle or two in karaoke. She remembers Jasper feeding her with so many shit during the whole evening, she remembers the awful taste of vodka body shots that she did on Dinah's body. And finally, she remembers going upstairs with Jason.

However, as she opens her eyes and looks around the room and thanks heaven for the fact that the blinds are down, she realizes that she's all alone. 

Usually, Jasper isn't up before she is, or even if he is awake, he's playing some games on his phone. Lately, it's been Sudoku.

She looks in the mirror and apparently, her look matches the way she feels, dead.

The young Latina looks around the room to find some clothes to wear, something that's not really short and tight dress that she was wearing last night.

Eventually, she puts on one of Jasper's T-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts. 

She's still half asleep as she makes her way downstairs, hoping she will be able to make some breakfast for herself and her best friend who's sleeping in the guest room, at least Camila hopes so.

Just as she steps on the lower floor of the house, she hears someone moaning.

"Seriously? It's barely nine o'clock." She mumbles into the air before rolling her eyes

She feels sick to her stomach as she enters the kitchen and finds Jasper leaned on onto the counter, a random brunette from last night in front of him, on her knees, giving him all the pleasure that Camila gave him just hours ago.

She turns around and hurries to the bathroom where she empties her stomach of everything she's ate the day before, which in all honest, wasn't even that much.

She makes her way back upstairs and decides this is it. This is the wake up call she needed. It's not the fact that Jaspers is with someone else, because she was with Lauren last month too, it's the fact that this is not her. 

It takes her five minutes to wake up Dinah, and after many, many, many failed attempts she tries by telling the younger girl that Beyonce is here.

Immediately, Dinah's eyes shoot open and when she looks around and sees no one but Camila, she gets disappointed.

"That's rude."

"Yeah, well, you weren't getting up and I need you to get up so we can go."

"Go where?" Dinah furrows her brows

"Anywhere but here. I feel sick. I'm done with this place."

There's a smile on Dinah's face before she kisses the top of Camila's head. "Good, finally. Let's go."

It's not a secret that Dinah was not and still is not a fan of Jasper, but she figured that her best friend will eventually figure it out. And she did.

It's a few days later when the two of them are sitting at the beach, Camila apologizing to Dinah over and over again.

"You shouldn't be telling me this."

"Why? You're my best friend?"

"I am. But Walz, there's someone else who deseves to know the truth."

"I--I don't know Dinah, she won't talk to me."

"You can try. Get up."

"What? Why?"