s e v e n t e e n: February.

As January turns into February, the two Latinas find themselves being more and more in love. Paris may be the city of love, but that February, for them, it was Miami.

Camila's staying away from Jasper and the world he had offered to her, Lauren's trying to do the same, cutting down her high time with Lucy to zero. In the process, kind of hurting Lucy, not that Lucy would ever let her know, though. Lucy's too nice for that.

But she does tell Dinah.

It's during one Friday party at Vero's that it happens.

It's honestly not even that much of a party, a bunch of girls from softball team, some guys from basketball team, a few boys from football team and that's pretty much it.

But Camila tags along because a) Dinah wouldn't let her say no and b) Lauren's gonna be there (which is kinda why Dinah wouldn't let her say no, anyway).

So, Camila finds herself at yet another party and this time she makes a promise to herself and to her girlfriend (she fucking loves when that word describes Lauren). Lauren agrees she's not gonna drink either. It's a new thing, for both of them. But then again, this is the second chance they thought they'll never have, and they won't let anything ruin it.

This time, however, Camila isn't scared of her parents finding out (okay, so she kind of is, but she's acting tough about it) and they're not together only behind the closed doors of their rooms or janitor closets. 

Which is exactly why they barely spend some time apart during that night.

Alexa isn't happy about it, Vero hates it. Lucy... Lucy just wants to see Lauren happy.

But she also wants to drown the pain in her chest, and the one and only Dinah Jane is great at keeping her hands full with drinks. Honestly, Lucy's not even sure what's in those glasses, but she doesn't care.

"They're so cute, I'm so  glad they're back together." Dinah says as she plops down on the beach chair next to Lucy

Lucy doesn't have to open her eyes to see who Dinah is talking about.

"I'm gonna be honest with you now. Lauren's a great teammate, but at one point I wished nothing else but to throw that ball in her face for hurting my baby--"

"She didn't want to hurt Camila, you don't know shit."

"And you do?"

"I know Lo's side of the story. And I know she loves Camila way too much to hurt her."

There's something off in Lucy's voice, and it doesn't take long until Dinah connects the dots.

"You're in love with her."

"No, not me. Lauren's in love with her. How many drinks did you have?"

"Enough to know you're in love with your best friend."

Lucy's eyes shot open and she looks at the blonde next to her. "Don't ever say that again, ever."

"So, you are?"

"DInah Jane, I'm not kidding. If anyone, and I mean anyone at all finds out, I will make sure it's the last thing you've ever told anyone."

"Hey, chill." Dinah laughs "What's the big deal?"

"Look," Lucy takes a deep breath "Lauren is my best friend. Her happiness means everything to me. It did even before I had feelings for her. Camila makes her happy and I'm not gonna ruin that."

"So, Lauren doesn't know? That girl must be oblivious as fuck then. It's so obvious now that I think about it."

"No, she doesn't know and I'm gonna make sure it stays that way. Way too many people know about it."