This Generation

A really close friend of mine wrote this small paragraph, this small yet effective paragraph. She stated some important facts that generally everyone thinks of. She said: "Sometimes in life, you meet people who are self-absorbed, immature, and childish bullies who are high up their pedestal that they don't realize how wrong they are. You tolerate them, always for some reason, until you reach a point where your hatred is fueled with their ignorance and disrespect, and you finally decide "it's over". That's where you know, you reached a milestone of maturity, because you finally rid yourself of all the baggage that was weighing you down." I just wanted to share that beautiful piece of writing because she's right. In your life you're going to come across so many shallow people and you might not be able to face them but deep inside you'd be thinking exactly that. When you reach to the point of not giving up, but rescuing yourself by standing up to your own self that's when you reach the maturity level. You don't need anyone telling you this and you sure as hell don't need to overthink it.
In this generation, everyone underestimates the other without even knowing their stories because they don't care. That's what makes us doubt how mature we can be. Honestly? We're all mature we just disguise it with other emotions that carry so much leverage on us. Maturity doesn't always come with age, in fact it's deeper than age. It's about the way you see and understand things, the way you consider other's thoughts, feelings, existence, appreciations, the way you communicate, the way you act and react to everything, the things you value and give importance to, the way you prioritize, the things that entertain you, and mostly the way you represent yourself and others as an adult. Everyone grows old, but not everyone is growing up. And that is why our generation has low self-esteems and doubts in almost everything we do and believe in. If it wasn't for this generation, everyone would be at peace with everything, everyone, and themselves.