Overlooked Love

Imagine having someone loving every inch of you, pressing kisses to all the parts you feel insecure about, whispering praise into your ear because they're just utterly besotted by you. They love everything about you; the softness of your skin, the corners of your mouth, the way your eyes shut close when you start laughing, the stretch marks on your stomach, or the cellulite on your thighs. They're so aroused and enamoured by you. Every cry and moan they pull from your lips makes their heart pound, it makes them feel like their veins are throbbing because they might almost explode from the rush of blood passing through.

I think the best feeling in the world is when you make someone that you really like burst into laughter, and their face lights up, and then they start giggling, and you're really happy that you were able to make someone's day just a bit brighter, knowing you're the one who made this beautiful person smile so much.

What's even more alluring is how humans are just meant to hold each other. How come when you hold someone's hand, your fingers just lock, perfectly intertwine? How is it when you hug someone, your head just fits right in the crook of their neck? How can your hands cup someone's face like that's the only function they were meant to do? It cannot be a coincidence sidence that our bodies are fully prepared and capable of holding one another. 

We were designed to love.

Humans should be part of a scientific ongoing research, exploring and examining how qualified we are to solely care and hold and love and protect one another. It amazes me that the first reaction to saying goodbye is putting our arms around each other and sometimes tiny raindrops form in our eyes, and how as an act of love we bring flowers and gifts to prove our fondness. We say hello by holding hands and smiling back at each other. For pleasure, we read dried papers packed together to form a publication, we listen to arrangements of sounds and beats and rhythms and lyrics, we pin our lips together, we smoke dried leaves, and get drunk off of old fruits.

We're all just little animals, falling in love and having feasts beneath billions of stars.

Whenever you're having a bad day just remember that someone somewhere around the world is kissing their baby's forehead for the first time, someone is celebrating their birthday, NASA is finding life on other planets, some kids just found stray puppies who will be taken to a safe place, science is proving to us that this world could be saved, someone is dyeing their hair the color of the sky, someone just confessed their love to someone. Also, you reading this chapter right now, means you're alive and you'll be okay.