It's Time

It's been a week since that night on the roof. I've been constantly asking myself the same question over and over again.

Should I really leave?

Well, I've gone over everything. If I stay, that means I would be living in the same house as an insane cannibal.

What if one day he looses it and actually kills me? Seriously, all this time he's just been toying with me. All those stabs and punches, it was hell for me, but it was just child's play to him. What's going to happen to me if he really turns up the heat? Also, even though he promised to longer eat people, I think he still is anyway, his food looks disgusting and nothing like mine. I was so dumb not to suspect that it was an actual person. Not to mention that he's been spending a lot of time in the basement, that hell hole he kept me locked up in. That's where he keeps all his dead bodies. God knows what he's doing to them down there. Ugh, I don't even want to know.

All this stuff just overrides anything pleasant I can think of. Like, he DID buy me a puppy, and he did say he would try harder to get better. And I can't forget that he actually built an amazing room for me to sleep in.

So, Its clear, I'm going to leave this place. I'm going to leave and never look back.

I crawled out of bed, and wandered around the house, making sure I was alone. I knew he was at work right now, but it didn't hurt to check.

I ran back upstairs and called a cab. I didn't want to take one of his cars because I would probably get caught up with the cops for a stolen car or something, or maybe he will come after me for his car. So, taking one of his cars was not an option, I wanted to be as careful as possible.

I quickly packed my things and took as much as I could carry. I made sure to take all the money I had and stuff it in the bag. I ran into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I then gathered all of Roxy's toys and threw them into a bag. I clipped on Roxy's leash and picked her up. I held her tightly in my arms as I walked out of my room.

Before I closed the door, I looked back into the room, blowing it a kiss. I closed the door all the way and went to the garage.

That was the only place that wasn't guarded by vicious dogs. I decided to walk into the woods and around the house so I wouldn't get spotted by the dogs.

I swiftly made my way through the wooded area, I tried to get out of there as quick as possible, it was creepy being in there all alone.

As I walked out of the forest, I was already a couple yards away from the front door of the house. As I walked further away, the cab arrived and I waved it down.

The cab driver came out and greeted me with a warm smile. He picked up my large, four wheeled suitcase and threw it in the trunk, along with my sling over the shoulder bag.

I slid into the seat. Roxie freed herself from my grasp and sat next to the window starring out at the world. The cab driver slammed the door shut as he got comfortable in his seat.

"Hi, I'm Joe. I'll be your chauffeur today. Where would you like to go Miss?" The cab driver kindly asked.

Oh my god... Where would I go? My friends are dead, and I don't want to drag their parents into danger by staying with them, and my mother is dead and I don't think going back home is safe.

"The police station please" I kindly asked. The cab driver looked a bit confused but drove anyway.

As the car slowly started to move away, I looked back at the house, sighing as I did. "Goodbye" I whispered to my prison. A tear escaped my eye.

Why am I crying? I thought to myself as I wiped the tear away.

The drive was silent. Nothing was heard except for the barely audible radio. It was playing a song by.... I think... Katy Perry. I can't remember. It's been forever since I've actually listened to the radio. Whoever it was, it was called Roar.

I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.

This is it, it's all going to be over. It's time for me to restart my life and forget everything that has happened to me.