Chapter 13: The Town

ADMIN NOTE:

I know this is irrelevant but i actually hate school so much.

Happy Reading!

• • •

I lent my head on the window of the truck, Rick had let me ride up front with him while Michonne, Jesus & Carl were in the back... i could tell he was avoiding conversation.

"Rick." I asked bluntly.

He kept his eyes on the road and unexpectedly answered me...

"Yeah," he replied, slightly irritated and upset.

"Where are we going ?"

Rick thought for a second before slamming the breaks on hard and frustratedly slamming his fists on the wheels, The Seatbelt i was wearing jerked vigorously stopping me from smashing threw the windscreen, I heard the others slam about in the back of the truck.

"What the heck was that for?" I asked angrily, my blonde hair falling in my eyes like curtains. As I pulled them back I saw Rick face down on the wheel sobbing.

Seeing Rick cry was an unfamiliar sight, I was glad Michonne came round to his door from the back as I was confused on how to comfort him.

She cupped his head with her hands and kissed his forehead lightly, they where talking amongst themselves so I couldn't hear.

But i did manage to hear Rick say;

"He's gone."

I knew they where talking about my Dad, In angry and frustration I flung the door to the Truck open and stormed out, only to find Carl and Jesus leaning against the truck.

"Malia-" Carl began lunging after me as I made my way into the woods, "Where are you going?"

I thought for a moment about where, pausing in my tracks. Giving Rick and Michonne enough time to get out the truck and approach me.

"Malai" Michonne began but i cut her off and faced Rick.

"You may be this top notch leader of this community and you may of known my Dad for six years but guess what? I've known him for almost sixteen, and I know that he's going to be just fine and he's waiting for you, yes you Rick, to go and save him. Because he's not going to up, unlike you!" As I was furiously yelling at Rick I caught a glance of everyone's shocked faces, as the hot tears streamed down my face.

"I know we where heading back to Alexandria!" I blurted, "Because you where ready to give up, but guess what. I'm not. And he's my Dad," then i glanced at Jesus.

"Your friend,"

Then glanced at Carl.

"An Uncle figure"

Then at Michonne

"A brother in law,"

Then at Rick,

"He's your brother!"

My tears where uncontrollably flowing like a river down my face in frustration and sadness, but all the anger had somehow left my body now, just leaving sadness. Michonne spotted this as she came towards me before pulling me into a hug.