Chapter 25: Unexpected Quests

ADMIN NOTE:

I can't believe the trailer for the walking dead season eight is out soon!
Also this is a long one, so enjoy.

Happy Reading!

•                •               •

I was trying to look at Rick waiting for him to say something, but he remained quiet, just staring with a very confused look.

If it wasn't for Ezekiel speaking, I think we would of stood their like idiots all day.

"Friends, do you have a leader?" Ezekiel spoke, his voice was very smooth yet powerful, like a kings.

Rick eventually snapped out of it and looks the King in the eye, up on the stage.

"I'm Rick Grimes, a leader of a community Alexandria," Rick Began, his eyes trailing back to tiger.

"Oh this is Shiva," Ezekiel chuckled, petting it gently on the head as if were a small kitten, "She means no harm"

His eyes focused on Rick and he started talking again.

"So what brings you and your people here to see me Rick Grimes of Alexandria?" Asked Ezekiel, folding his hands across his lap.

Rick places his hands on his hips, I was the furthest at the back watching and observing the whole thing.

"We've come to ask if you, Ezekiel, would you join us in fighting The Saviours," Rick paused unexpectedly, "They're after us so we've voted to fight."

Suddenly I got chills running down my spine feeling we'd made a mistake feeling we made the wrong decision.

Maybe, He was with the saviours? No. I couldn't think that way. He wasn't.

Ezekiel let out a long sigh as if he'd been asked this many times before.

"As a King," He began, "I plan to do whatever is best for my people, I fail to see how going to war will keep them safe, we have a good deal with them you see, We give them half-"

Dad cut him off rudely.

"of your shit every week and he doesn't kill ya," Dad scoffed, "That's not being safe, that's being a slave..."

Michonne joined in.

"How long before Negan gets bored? How long before he doesn't need your supplies anymore and kills you all, to take it."

Considering Ezekiel had been cut off, he was listening.

"Negan owns you now, so who's to say he done with you?" Rick stated.

Ezekiel pressed his lips together.

I stood sheepishly at the back still, mainly thinking about Jesus, and if he was okay, aswell as exchanging confused glances with Carl even so often.

"Alexandria, The Hilltop and The Kingdom," Rick started again, he took a step closer to him down the isle, "We all have one thing in common, We all serve The Saviours"