Chapter 17: Rise and Shine

ADMIN NOTE:

So in the last episode of AMC's The Walking Dead.. Sasha sacrificed herself. She better not die... she's one of my favourites.

Happy Reading!

•                   •                 •

Dad was back extremely quickly, bursting threw the door as if he was being chase, In shock I lunged upright from the couch I was sitting on.

"Mal?" he asked, almost yelling.

My heart starting pumping, something didn't seem right.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly, getting closer to him.

"Negan's comin'," he said quickly, looking me up and down, "It's not really a big deal, he just wants to know what job your best suited at... answer directly... quickly.. and speak when spoken too... you got it?" 

I nodded, to scared to do anything else. I was tired of being scared of that irritatingly good-looking psycho with a baseball bat, I was determined to show some toughness.

But all that shrivelled away when two heavy knocks pounded on the door.

"That's him," Dad told me, "Greet him nicely"

I approached the door in a few strides and opened it, seeing him standing there, the bat, or Lucille as he calls on, resting on his shoulder.

"Hey there Sweet-Cheeks" he laughed, pushing past me and entering the room, spotting Dad.

"Daryl," he said, nodding at them as if they where friends. Dad took no notice of him.

I shut the door and turned around to face them both, and began to speak.

"Did you want to talk with me?" i asked Negan, arms folded across my chest.

Negan laughed and smiled.

"We'll yes, I need to know what to assigned you too," he began, "Perimeter... Farming... Sanctuary patrol... Chef..."

I smiled when he said chef, during my Day's back at school, cooking and art where my passion, I guess it was because I was so creative.

But he chuckled.

"Chef duty is full, sorry sugar" he told me with a smile.

I saw Dad clench behind him.

"Come take a seat!" Negan called towards me pulling up a chair and sitting on it, indicating for me and Dad to sit on the couch opposite him.

Once we had taken a seat Negan began interrogating.

"Can you shoot?" he began firmly.

I nodded, this was a complete lie, but I knew what job Dad had, and was trying to get the same one as him...

"Don't lie... we'll find out and kill you" Negan added as if it where nothing.

I tired not to show any reaction and let him carry on.

"Will you kill on sight, if told?" Negan asked me, a grin appearing on his face.