Chapter 14: Leaving them behind...

ADMIN NOTE:

This is kinda sad if you love a certain character! Whoops! Forgive me!

Happy Reading!

• • •

"Holy shit," Jesus mumbled, lifting up the heavy weapon from the box, "We... we need to get this to Rick"

I nodded agreeing with him, Jesus placed the rocket launcher back in the box.

"How many rockets has It got?" I asked curiously, as he carried it towards the door, he trailing behind.

"Three" he replied excitedly, but then stopped walking and turned towards me.

"Are you okay?" I asked uncertainly, Jesus thought for a moment then spoke.

"Your a smart girl Malia, so I'm going to ask you, do you think we should give this as an offering to Negan or use it to kill him?"

I looked at him shocked but then sighed, deep down in my heart I knew we should just use it to kill him, end it all. But another part of me know that one of the only ways to save everyone and have a slight chance at getting my Dad back is to give it to him.

"Offering" i replied bluntly, pushing past him towards the door, I open it and stepped outside into the air, it had a odd smell, a rotting smell.

I turned around to see Jesus leaving the building with the box, and looking around pulling a face at the smell.

"I don't want to stay around long enough to find out what that stench is. Let's just find Rick and get out of here" he told me, walking in the direction of where Rick went.

Knife in my hand i followed Jesus towards the pharmacy making conversation.

"You been on your own a while blondie?" He asked friendly, leading the way.

"Six years," i replied, "so yeah"

I heard him make a sympathetic noise and sigh.

"Nobody at your age should of been on their own for that long, how'd you make it?"

"Keeping low. Quick. Quiet" i replied, scurrying after him, answering honestly.

Jesus nodded as if he understood me, in most respects i was a lot like Jesus, I was brave and quick, and preferred to be with people even though their mostly alone, I liked him.

BANG BANG

"Did you hear that?!" Jesus asked worriedly, turning round towards me, "That's a revolver, Rick's."

We both hurried quickly in the direction of the reoccurring gunshots, the streets where silent but for some reason we knew the gunshots where alerting all the walkers in their directi
We hurried around a corner into a narrow alleyway and to our shock saw Rick, Michonne and Carl, huddled together ontop of a large trash can type thing, surrouded by walkers, over twenty of them.

I saw Jesus's face light up in concern and confusion of what to do; i caught eye contact with Carl who was shooting the walkers with his hand gun.