× Chapter Nine ×

Get to Know Your Sniper Better

________________________

⚠《This is the chapter, and a few chapters, the first half of the story will be a bit depressing. Also, Spoiler ALERT if you haven't read the new update for the comic》 ⚠

-A Few Days Afterwards-

Leaning against Sniper's chest, you felt his chest expand a bit.

You looked up at him.

"Richard?"

He said nothing.

Then, "Love, place yer head back to place for a bit. I want to share something with ya for the time-being."

You complied and placed your head back to his chest.

His heart beat gave off a rhythmic pattern.

Bum...Bump...Ba-dump (does that even work?)

Richard gently places his head on top of your head.

"Sheila, Oi want to get this reminiscing crap off my chest a bit. Do ya mind?"

"No"

Sniper sighs and begins,

"Ya may not know, but I had these wonderful adoptive old couples who took me in as a small anklebitter."

"After all these years, I began to think now 'Man, as much as my father gave me a hard time, I still love that old bastard', but at the same time, I was stupid, reckless, and young at the time. I thought that my old man was a heartless man for not letting me completing my dreams- I was wrong and I wish now I could go back to fix my own shit I said to him"

Sniper trembled and you glanced up as he turned his face away from you.

His lips were trembling, and beneath his sunglasses, it looks like Sniper was about to cry.

Setting yourself up straight, you took off his sunglasses, place them gently next to you, and placed your hands to his cheeks.

He looks at you.

It was like looking at a whole different Richard.

His eyebrows were creased, olive green eyes were glazed over in tears, and...it was just a messy sight to see him in.

Butting his face in more to your hands, Richard snuggled comfortably in your soft palms.

You felt tears drenched your hands, but you didn't care.

You love this man and couldn't bear to see this.

Your heart squeezed in sadness.

'He didn't deserve this torment', you thought to yourself.

Pulling you closer to him to the point, where he was resting his head on your chest and arms were loosely wrapped around you.

Sighing, Richard closed his eyes for a moment before opening them half-way.