Chapter 12

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY MY PEEPS!  I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THIS DAY...SINCE THIS CHAPTER TAKES PLACE ON VALENTINE'S DAY I DECIDED TO UPDATE IT A LITTLE EARLIER THEN WHEN I REGULARLY WOULD...THIS IS MY GIFT TO YOU ALL FOR BEING FAITHFUL READERS <3  I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS CHAPTER AS MUCH AS I DID WRITING IT...LIKE, COMMENT, ENJOY! ^__^

CHAPTER 12

After my breakdown, Dee begged me to end things with Darren.  However, I just wouldn't’t do it.  I knew that despite how I felt about Jacob, I knew deep down that it just was not right.  Besides, he had clearly moved on.  He was with that Brittany girl all the time and Chi Chi told me she saw them kiss one day, so I knew there had to be more to their relationship then what Dee was trying to persuade me.  I stayed with Darren to try to move on, and I think we could actually work.  That is if I could some how find a way to get my shit together.

As I walked the halls of school, love was in the air and I was ready to be sick.  I went to my locker and put Darren’s gift into my locker.  I was not going to see him until later on today, so there was no point in me carrying it around.  The day actually went by smoothly.  Some of my teachers gave out chocolates to the class, which is always nice, and today was the day the cheer squad was going to have our first meeting.  Yes, I made the team.  However, Dee didn’t, and I was determined to get her on.  

At lunch, I told her that she should go to the coaches and ask them to give her anther try out.  She was being so damn stubborn.

“Why won’t you ask?” I asked her.

She sighed and dipped her fry into the ketchup.  

“Because Mel that’s embarrassing.”

“What’s embarrassing?” I asked.

“Me going back to ask for another tryout.  That’s just as bad as me begging to get on the team.”

“No it’s not Dee!  It’s normal.  You want me to go ask for you?”

“No!” she exclaimed.

I sighed.  I’m not going to lie, if I were in Dee’s shoes I would feel the same way.  It can be embarrassing, especially if you make the team and the other girls find out you got another chance to try out, but I don’t care.  We were going to get into this shit together, one way or another.

“What did your mom say when you did not make it?” I asked her.

She gave me a mean face and rolled her eyes.

“She went crazy.  She was all like ‘oh hell no!’ and ‘i’m gonna have a word with them!’ and blah blah blah.  You can imagine how she took the news.”

I actually could.  Dee’s mom was very...blunt.  Her mouth had no filter and at times I know it must of been hard on Dee to deal with it.