Markus Nutivaara- Brother Bear

Warning: talks of abuse, fighting.
Requested by nutiknowenglish hope you like it!

"If you would only listen you incompetent little-" the rest of his comment was blocked out when I put my arm up to defend the side of my head from his fist. I then through a few punches which only made him angrier. Next thing I knew I was on the ground with his foot in my ribs kicking them repeatedly.
"Your a coward just like your brother. I mean he has known about this the whole time but hasn't stopped it. Guess that shows how unloveable you are. You know what to say when we get you to the hospital right? You tell them you fell. How or where I don't care. Just make it believable." Says my hopefully now ex and abusive boyfriend.
"How about no." I say and kick him as had as I can in the knee. Then when he's down in the face. He blacks out. I take this as my time to escape to the bedroom to get my belongings which are in my overnight bag and went to the doctors office. With it being about 10:00 AM they were open. Soon after though he came in eyeing me any putting his thumb against his throat in a swiping motion after putting his finger to his lips telling me not to say anything. So I cowered and told the nurse I fell ice skating a couple days ago. I then broke up with him and ran to my brother and I's house. When I got an ice pack after locking he door. I then headed up to my room.
After I broke up with a kid we knew from Sweden I never wanted Mark to find out what happened. I just wanted to leave it all behind me. But he saw the bruise. He saw the cuts and he saw the emotional scars. He saw how I flinched at loud noises or when someone tried to touch me. He knew.
He walked into my room and sat on my bed rubbing the bottom of my legs.
"What happened?" He asked softly. Seeing me holding an ice pack to my bruised up ribs.
"Oh I fell skating a couple days ago. I hit my ribs on the bench door pretty hard." I say wincing
"I was asking for the truth not what he told you to say at the doctors office." He says getting in bed next to you. Giving you a side hug being careful of your ribs but making you flinch slightly and rubbing your head.
"How did you know?" I ask putting my head down
"You haven't fallen ice skating since the week after I taught you. You flinch like you just did. So I put two and two together. What happened?"
"I didn't listen and he didn't like it. I didn't do what I was told it was my fault." I say looking down
"No it's not, and of course you didn't. He doesn't own you. He can't tell you what to do or who to talk to or what to say. You are your own person. I promise he will never lay so much as an eye on you again when I'm done with him."
"Can we please just leave this alone? I broke up with him and I fought back this time." I say leaning toward him wincing and hissing in pain.
"No, what did he do that made you fight back when you didn't before? I mean I'm proud but also curious." He says kissing my head.
"If I tell you will you not go all brother bear on him?"
"No promises." He says with a slight smile making me smile.
"Said that...he said ummm....he said you were a coward and didn't love me enough to stop him. He said you knew the whole time. I knew it wasn't true." I say looking up at my brother.
"I'll show him a coward. How about we get him deported? Does that sound like fun?" He says a small smile playing in his lips.
"How do we do that?" I ask.
"First I whoop his ass then we call the cops and tell them what he did to you." He says rubbing my head again.
" okay," I say realizing the fact that this was a loosing battle.
At the ice rink
Mark and my ex are playing a game of pick up hockey with me in the stands. Next thing I know he and my brother drop the gloves. Mark obviously trying to kill the kid. I guess brother bear wins as usual. The kid has a busted nose and eye along with a few broken teeth. Mark kept holding him up so the fight wouldn't have to stop. Like I said, brother bear always wins.
My brother skated by winking at me then getting off the ice. With him having been thrown out of the game for the fight. I walked over to him and hugged him as best I could.
"I always got you sis. Love you." He says hugging me back carefully.
"Love you too, Markie." I reply leaning my head into his chest. I knew I was protected and had nothing to worry about especially after my ex was arrested and deported.