Chapter 5 - Twist

Minsk, Belarus

10:00 AM

Everyone got their comms in?" Zach asked as they neared the museum entrance.

He heard scattered yes's through the ear piece and took that as a confirmation.

"Remember, we're just looking for information. Anything that you can gather. And don't act too suspicious Dempsey," Zach said.

"What? Why are you calling me out?" Dempsey said in mock annoyance.

"Because you suck," Zach answered with a large grin that the others couldn't see on his face.

"You guys sound gay," Macey rolled her eyes.

"Maybe we are, Macey. Homophobic?" Dempsey scoffed.

"I am not homophobic!" Macey sounded offended.

"Could you guys stop acting like children?" Kat said very calmly.

"Yes of course miss," Dempsey sounded sarcastic.

"You're so submissive to Kat," Macey pointed out.

"I was being sarcastic," Dempsey growled.

"Yeah but still," Macey sing-songed.

"If I hear either of you two's voices, I'll personally injure both of you," Hale threatened.

"I'd like to see you try," Macey retaliated.

"You all have ten seconds to shut the hell up and compose yourselves.Ten, Nine, Three, Two, One, Shutup," Zach commanded.

"Aye aye Captain," Dempsey laughed.

Bex tried to suppress a giggle at Zach and Dempsey's banter.

She was looking at a few of the historical pieces and could feel herself falling in love with the museum already.

"You like it?" Bex said to the boy who had tried to sneak up next to her.

"Nothing gets past you," Hale smiled at her.

"Nothing."

"That's a good quality."

"I'm just careful."

"I can tell."

"Do you know where the painting that she stole was?" Bex asked him.

"Downstairs. Cultural paintings. Let's go," He nodded for her to follow him.

Bex and Hale found themselves in front of the place where the painting had been hung which now was sectioned off with caution tape.

"Wow," Bex said staring at the elaborate lipstick on the wall, "She definitely leaves her mark."

"She's got quite an ego," Hale remarked.

"As big as the one you've got on you?" Bex smirked.

Hale looked at her with dark eyes, clearly not happy.

Bex just shrugged her shoulders at the mad boy, "Macey tells me everything."

"It was a mistake," Hale sighed.

"Yeah," Bex snorted.

"I can totally hear you guys," Macey pointed out over the comms.

"Hey," Dempsey walked up to Bex and Hale, "Anything suspicious?"

"Nope," they said in unison.

"What are you staring at?" Bex regarded Dempsey who was intently staring off over her shoulder.