Chapter 10 ( SECOND HALF ) - Unraveled

Macey watched intently as Hale spoke fluently to the security guard at the entrance to the hall.

He had a charm about him that made it almost impossible for anyone to ignore.

Kat glanced out of the corner of her eye and caught Macey staring at Hale.

"Is she stupid?" Kat muttered under her breath.

She knew that Hale wasn't interested in Macey, she just needed Macey to understand without thinking she was jealous.

The security guard smiled and ushered the teenagers in with a swift motion of his hand.

Kat noticed Hale put his hand on the small of Bex's back to lead her in.

Kat's eyes widened slowly as her thoughts went a million different directions.

"No freaking way," she muttered.

"No way, what?" Dempsey came up behind her.

She spun, startled.

"Oh uh I just am surprised at how nice it looks in here," Kat stammered.

"Didn't think anything surprised you," Dempsey winked.

Kat suppressed a small giggle.

"Guys," Zach whispered, gesturing for everyone to look at him.

"Find out whatever you can."

Everyone nodded and split up. They were ready to figure this out.

Bex looked around the hall and fixed the top of her dress.

She couldn't decide who to talk to first. The young man in the dark blue suit or the lady in her late-20s with wavy brunette hair.

"Hale, leave me alone," Bex said as she felt the warm breath on her neck.

"You're walking too fast," Hale replied, not surprised she had caught him.

"Because I'm trying to get away from you!"

"Don't be like that," Bex could almost see the smile tugging at Hale's lips.

Hale then placed his hand on the small of her back to keep from losing her through the dense crowd of elite people.

"I can't believe we're at this ball," Bex sighed maneuvering past a couple stuck in a dramatic lip-lock.

"Wasn't my idea," Hale shrugged.

Suddenly, Bex stopped walking as she felt Hale's large hand slide lower.

"Hale..." Bex groaned.

"I'm really thinking we need one of these bedrooms right now," Hale breathed huskily on the nape of her neck.

He pulled her out of the main hall and into the rest of the large mansion.

Bex felt her entire body still and desire flooded through her.

"The rest of the crew is here, we'll get caught," Bex replied, her knees shaking, "and besides, I said this has to stop."

"Oh no we won't," Hale led her down the hall and opened the door to an empty room and  led her into it.

Before Bex's brain could form a coherent thought, Hale had taken suit jacket off, shoved her onto the bed and was on top of her, kissing across her collarbones.

"Hale this is a bad idea," Bex tried to pry him off.

Hale's lips then crushed hers and she could no longer speak. His tongue found it's way inside and soon she was lost in his kiss. Hale pressed his body flush to Bex's.

Bex felt her hips involuntarily buck against his and her hands immediately reached up and fisted his hair, she knew it was going too far.

"Excited are we now?" Hale smirked, releasing her lips for a moment.

"Shut up," Bex sneered at him.

Hale ducked his head back into the nape of her neck and his hands found the button to his shirt.

Suddenly, they heard a loud knock on the door. The pair jumped apart as quickly as humanly possible.

Bex quickly pulled her dress, which had slid down, back up and ran her hands through her hair. She knew she must look flushed, but she couldn't change that. Bex looked over at Hale and had to keep her jaw from hitting the floor. Hale already had his jacket back on and looked composed. How could he get it together so quickly and, besides his messy hair, look as if nothing had happened?

Hale grabbed Bex's hand and opened the door to find a very shocked Dempsey.

note: I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW, i said I would write more and then i stopped but now it's summer vacation so im going to try to write as much as possible!