Chapter 8 - Dead

Both Bex and Zach watched in shock as Abby came out of one of the stores and latched onto Twonsend's arm, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. Townsend smiled down at her and tilted her chin up to kiss her on the lips. To any passerby's they just looked like a fairly-young couple, in love. But Zach and Bex knew better.

Before Bex could react to the scene before a strong arm pulled her into a nearby store.

"Zach!" She whisper-yelled.

"We can't let them see us!"

"Why not?"

"I want to know what they're doing here."

"They look like they're on vacation, Zach. This is the capital city."

Zach rolled his eyes and let go of Bex's arm, which he hasn't realized he'd still been holding on to.

"Let's just head back to the hotel, we told everyone to meet at 5:00PM," He grunted.

"What is up with you Zach?" Bex's eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm tired of the way you've been acting. You're either growling or grunting and you've been so cynical about everything!" Bex's eyes shone as she tried to keep her voice down.

"Look I know you're not happy," Bex continued, "And I know you miss her."

Zach ran his hands through his dark hair and let out a long sigh. His dark eyes met Bex's and she knew immediately that she had been right. Cammie was the source of Zach's current behavior.

"I ruined it between us," Zach sighed, "I ruined it and for some reason I was okay with letting her go. Now, that seems idiotic."

"We all make mistakes," Bex said calmly.

"Mine involved losing the only person that every understood me," Zach murmured.

"Don't worry, Goode. You'll meet someone else," Bex assured with a warm smile.

Zach smiled back for the first time in a while.

"300€ for this shirt? That's insane," Kat shook her head at the prices she was encountering in the store.

Macey had picked a small boutique and fallen quickly in love.

"I absolutely love these earrings," Macey showed Kat the pair of long dangling green earrings.

Kat just nodded and smiled politely. The earrings were hideous.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Macey fixated her attention on a selection of purses.

"Go ahead," Kat's eyebrows raised involuntarily.

"I think i may be falling for Hale again," Macey's eyes met Kat's.

"Why would you say that?" Kat pretended to be interested in the selection of purses also.

"He's just been so nice lately, and we've been texting, and I just really feel like that spark may be there again."

"He screwed you over Macey."

"I know but I think he's changed."

"Maybe you're mistaking his friendliness for flirtatiousness."

"Kat, I know more about boys than you do."

"Macey, I know more about Hale than you do."

Kat's lips were set in a grim line and her blue eyes were turning cold. She couldn't let Macey make this stupid mistake. Hale would only hurt her again.

"Macey. I think Hale is just being friendly," Kat shook her head.

"I can't believe you're so jealous," Macey frowned.