Chapter 11 - Shocked

"What are you guys doing in here?" Dempsey folded his arms over his chest and narrowed his eyes.

"We were looking around for anything that might help." Bex answered quickly.

"I thought we were supposed to be talking to people." Dempsey smirked.

Dempsey had taken one look between the two of them and knew exactly what was going on. He was still shocked, though. Bex didn't really seem like Hale's type.

Hale grabbed Dempsey's arm and pulled him inside the cozy room.

"Woah, hands off the Armani, pretty boy." Dempsey chuckled.

"You don't tell anyone about this, okay?" Hale said in a dead-serious tone.

"About what?" Dempsey said in mock innocence.

Bex rolled her eyes at him and let out a deep breath, he was kind of obnoxious.

"I'll kill you," Hale threatened.

Dempsey stood up to his full height of 6"2 which evened out with Hale.

"Oh, you can try." He threw back.

Bex looked at the menacing looks the two boys were giving each other and decided she should step in.

"Look," Bex stepped in front of Hale, "It was nothing Dempsey. We kissed, that's it. Don't make it a big deal."

Dempsey nodded and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I won't." He gave Bex a small smile.

"Well if we're done, we should go." Hale murmured.

The three teenagers walked out of the room with their act together.

"Now let's keep our hands off each other and stick to the mission this time, eh?" Dempsey smirked.

Bex blushed and Hale looked like he could strangle him.

"We will." Hale said through gritted teeth.

"So how did his family first come into possession of such a rare piece?" Zach asked the girl he was dancing with.

"Ashaf Malashonak was in love with art. He would get it anyway he can." The blonde replied.

"Even by stealing it?" Zach leane in and whispered into her ear.

She leaned back to look at Zach and he noticed a sparkle in her eye.

"Even by stealing it." She smiled.

"I've been looking for you." Dempsey approached Kat who was taking sips of champagne.

"Oh, really?" Kat asked, without one glance in his direction.

"I got some information. His name is Ashaf, he has a wife and two kids, and he was in love with art."

"That's good."

"Why, thank you."

"You're wel---"

"I like you." Dempsey blurted, interrupting Kat's thank you.

"I like you and I don't know if I've had the chance to tell you because sometimes you make me kind of nervous but i think you're talented and sassy and smart and I know you're still getting over what happened with Hale but if you could open up a spot in your heart for me I think we could have something," Dempsey rambled quickly, not even pausing to take a breath.

Kat looked down into her champagne flute and felt her cheeks heat up. She couldn't think of what to say.

After what seemed like 5 hours of awkward silence Dempsey finally said something.