Day 19; Shock

When Ellion walked in, he did not expect to see Alice's eyes and hair glowing with a fierce golden light as the Ancient blood in her tried to protect her and heal the tears beginning to show in her skin as something other-worldly attempted to take control of her mind. Not to mention those...wings. Those monstrous, black, raven's wings almost twice her size. But that was what he did see and the shock hit him like a train. But Tanith was on her way, she'd had to take care of a group of patrolling hollow men. So, he hurried to her and started to undo the intricately bound straps.

"Ell, I..." she began to explain herself but he shushed her and focused on getting her loose. Then he took his jacket off and wrapped it around her as she eased off the table.

"You have to pull your wings in." he whispered to her. "Quick, Tanith's coming."

She screwed up her face in concentration and pain but folded her gigantic wings flat against her bleeding back. Ellion's jacket was bigger than her so it just fit over the wings. Thank you." She choked out and then coughed up some more blood. Red this time.

"Come on, we have to hurry. The rest are surrounded by hollow men and enemy mages. We need to hurry." Ellion updated her and her breathing became raged.

"Ell, I can't. I can't do this anymore. I can't." she broke down and stated crying.

"You can't what?" he asked and tried to pull her along.

"I can't walk. I can't stand. I can't move. I'm just so tired and everything hurts." She wept. "You saw, didn't you? You saw it. You saw the monster that lives in my head." Before she could say anything else she sagged in his arms and her eyes were fluttering closed.

"Tanith!" he yelled into the corridor and the blonde arrived followed by three remaining hollow men. She sliced through all three and the gas billowed into the air.

"Okay, out the other door." She said and covered her nose and mouth. "Can you carry her?"

"I don't think I can. She's heavy and I'm not that strong." He said, unsure, not wanting to drop her.

"I think you can do it. Just try." Tanith encouraged and bolted the doors, trying to keep the gas out.

"Here goes nothing." He said and tried to life Alice. He managed it and then sighed. "She's still pretty heavy and I don't know how long I can carry her for. I'm not exactly the strongest man."

"You'll do fine. We need to go." Tanith encouraged him and wiped her eyes and nose, kicking open the door on the other side of the room. "Follow me, I've been here before twice."

"When?" her nephew asked her.

"The first time was when we were rescuing Skulduggery from Serpine. The second time I was captured by the Revengers' club and tortured in this very same room by a possessed Kenspeckle Grouse." She answered.

"Torture. Fun." He said sarcastically and almost stopped moving when he heard that Alice was whispering things in her unconscious state. He could barely make it out but he could have sworn she was saying...his eyes widened in realisation and everything was pieces together in his mind. The puzzle was almost complete.

All that was missing was who disturbed and woke the Unnamed from his coma and who was this 'boss'. But he had his suspicions that this boss person was the same person Alice and Vivi called mentor. It all made sense. Someone stumbled across the comatose unnamed and accidently awakened him. His mind wandered out slowly possessing people until he had a group of likeminded individuals to find the destined one. To find Alice and then Vivi. Once the Unnamed had a connection with Alice he was able to possess her and use her magic against her because she is immune to the crystals of the Ancients. The crystals scattered in the depths of the caves. The only person able of getting his body out would be a descendant of the Ancients. Of the Enchantress.