The new agents

I hope you enjoyed the peace. It didn't last very long, did it?

Now Valkyrie was paying close attention. There was a woman who looked to be in her late twenties with icy blonde hair that had brown streaks that fell in waves to her shoulders. She was deathly thin and pail and looked to be about five foot four inches tall. Her eyes were a shade of the darkest brown and the first person they laid on when she entered the room was Dexter and that did not settle well with Valkyrie at all.

The second was a young woman who looked to be in her late twenties or early thirties with the same icy blonde hair as the slightly older lady. She was a bit shorter as well but just as thin and pail. The eyes though. Valkyrie knew those beautiful emerald green eyes infused with the lightest brown. She knew those eyes. She didn't even register the conversation. All she could think about was the shock and those eyes.

"It's been a while." The other woman said.

"You..." Dexter stuttered, his eyes brimming with tears, his body stiff with surprise. "Alessia!"

"Dexter." She smiled.

"Oh, my gosh, Alessia." Dexter crossed the room and enveloped her in a giant hug, tangling his fingers in her hair. She gripped him back tightly. When he pulled back he looked to the other woman. "Is this our...?"

Alessia just nodded and Valkyrie scowled as her stomach churned with jealousy at Dexter Vex looking at this woman like she was his entire world. The Dead Man just stepped back and observed the other lady with such proudness in his features.

"Zennia Vex, look at you! Look how you've grown. Last time I saw you, you were just two years old. I know, I know. Dad, don't embarrass me! But really, you've grown into such a beautiful young lady. Your Mother's done an amazing job!" Dexter grinned and hugged her.

"Zennia Vex. DadMother!" Valkyrie whispered to Saracen who was sitting next to her. He secretly took her hand and squeezed it supportively. She just stared at the exchange.

"Evania Zerea." The younger girl squeaked out, barely louder than a mouse. Dexter frowned. "The name I took. It's Evania Zerea."

"Evania Zerea." He repeated and smiled again, then turned to the first woman. Alessia. "We have a lot to talk about."

"I can imagine." She replied and took his hand. Valkyrie couldn't hold in her hiss. Alessia glanced in her direction and Valkyrie didn't even care.

"If you'll all excuse me, for anyone who cares at all I'm going to the bar." Valkyrie stood up and purposefully glared at everyone to warn them not to follow her. A young doctor intercepted her.

"Miss, you have to be checked by the doctors before we can allow you to leave." He said and cowered under her glower.

"I am 100 gosh darn percent bloody flipping perfect. Don't I look healthy? So, get lost before I make sure you need to be checked by the Doctors." She growled at him. He whimpered and gave in to her rage. On her way to the door she deliberately crashed into Dexter's shoulder and gave him a glare more hateful than anything, anyone could muster. The door shut behind her with a SLAM and Tanith winced.

"Oh gosh. Someone make sure she doesn't burn the city to the ground?" Tanith said quietly.

"I'll go. I could do with a drink." Saracen offered.