~Nine~

-time skip-

Ashly's POV:

The second Shadow Duel is upon us.

Last night, Crawler was taken by a vampire named Camula. Tonight, I hear she has a specific person in mind she wants to duel.

I'm hoping against hope she doesn't want Atticus back. I know Zane and Alexis will both duel for him, but we can't afford to have another spirit key taken. Jaden almost lost his as it is.

~timey skip cuz I'm lazy~

My brother.

She challenged my brother.

Not Sy. No offense to him, but she'd win too easily. She challenged Zane.

And now he's in the perfect position to win.

Except Camula played a spell card that requires her to sacrifice a soul even if she loses.

"Hmm, who's soul will be on the line?" she said, her eyes scanning us.

Don't pick Sy, don't pick Sy, please don't pick Syrus...

"Ah, yes, I think little Ashly's soul will do for this!" Camula said, her dark ropes wrapping around my waist.

"Ashly, no!" Zane shouted, reaching for me as I felt my energy drain.

"Just as I thought," Camula said. "Now, my darling Zane, what will it be? Your soul.....or your sister's?"

We seemed to meet in the dark place, and I instantly said, "Zane, you have to win. Please."

"Your soul is at stake, Ashly," Zane said.

"It's my soul or the souls of hundreds of people!" I exclaimed. "No, thousands, billions, trillions, quadrillions!"

Zane nodded. "I love you, sis."

I ran into his embrace, the embrace that had kept me safe as a child. "I love you too, Zay-Zay," I said, using the nickname I'd given him when I was little and for some reason couldn't pronounce Zane.

Then we were back, me on one side, Zane with his Cyber End Dragon on the other.

"Well?" Camula said, sounding impatient.

Zane glanced at his duel disk, then at me, then lowered his arm. "I stand down," he said with finality.

"NO!" I shouted, lunging for him.

Camula laughed as her monster destroyed Zane. I watched my big brother vanish before my very eyes. I heard Sy scream, and Camula took Zane's key and disappeared.

"I'll get you, Camula!" I shouted as Chazz and Amber held onto me, restraining me. "I swear it on Zane, I'll get you!"