Chapter Eleven

*Time Skip to last day of school*

Please. Please. Please.

Please ring.

Please.

Then, I hear the bell ring.

Yes! School's out for the summer!

I shove my books into my bag and rush out of the classroom. I make my way to the bus and students are already piling in. I get in and walk to the back of the bus and I see Sub. "Hey Sub, is that seat for me?" I say to him, motioning to the empty seat next to me. He nods and I take my seat next to him.

He has a smile on his face stretching from ear to ear. I love his smile. He says,"Guess what." I ask,"What?" He replies,"I said guess." I say,"Okay, umm, I got nothing." He says,"Denis, Alex, and Corl are coming to visit for a month!" "Really?" I almost yell.

He nods and we get to my stop. I stand up, and he stands up with me. I ask,"Oh,you're coming?" He says,"Yeah, I get pretty bored at home." I nod and he follows me the rest of the way home. I let him in and then he goes up to my room as I lock the door and drink some water.

I go up to my room and Sub is sitting on my bed, on his phone. "Hey," I say. He replies,"Wanna watch a movie?" I nod as I put my backpack away in my closet. He goes tot he living room and I follow. He switches on the tv and sits on the couch next to me. I ask,"Want some popcorn?" He nods as he finds a good movie for us to watch.

I go to the kitchen and get one bag of microwavable popcorn and stick it in the microwave and press on the 'popcorn' setting. When the microwave beeps, I take the popcorn out and open it and dump all of the popcorn into a bowl.

I walk back to the living room and sit next to Sub. A movie is already playing and it turns out to be 'The Dark Knight Rises' and we finish the popcorn in the middle of the movie. I bring the bowl back to the kitchen and put it in the sink and walk back and sit next to Sub again. 

I ask,"Hey Sub, are you staying the night or what?" He says,"I might stay the night, my mom's not home, she's away on a business trip and my cousin is watching over the house, and she's having a sleepover with some old friends. Is it okay if I stay here though, or would you rather I leave?" I shake my head and say,"No, it's alright. You can sleep in the guest room, but the bed is a little uncomfortable. You can sleep on my bed, and I can sleep on the couch." 

He smiles but it fades quickly and he says,"No, I don't want to kick you out of your own bed." I reply,"No, I insist, I don't want you to be uncomfortable,you're my guest and my friend." He shakes and says,"But it's your bed, and I'm your friend, I can't let you be uncomfortable either." I sigh and say,"It's fine, I'll sleep okay" He shakes his head again and says,"Okay, we can share you can have one side and I'll have the other side since this argument is going nowhere." I sigh and reply,"Fine then, but just say the word and you get the bed to yourself."

He laughs and says,"You're too nice for your own good." I laugh and say,"Whatever." We watch the rest of the movie and when it ends, he changes it tot he Spongebob movie. I say,"You're so childish." He replies,"And you love that about me." I playfully punch him on the shoulder and say,"Oh shut up."

After a few more movies, I start to get tired and I couldn't keep my eyes open. It was like there was a weight on my eyelids that was constantly pulling them down. I'm sitting right next to Sub, so I hope I don't fall asleep on him. Next thing I know, my eyes are shut and I can't open them.

I feel a pair of arms around me. One is supporting my back, and the other under my thighs. I also sense that I'm not on the couch anymore. I open my eyes and Sub is carrying me. He doesn't notice that I'm awake though, or he would've stopped or something. He opens my bedroom door and sets me on the bed. I'm still super tired and next thing I know, everything goes black.