[3] Sports Drink

The rest of that morning wasn't as calm.

Jimin and Jungkook sprang out of bed as soon as they were discovered by the oldest idol, knowing that a more aggressive member would be called in to help. Jin had managed to pry (M/N) from V's grasp (with some assistance from an unsurprised Namjoon), but not without a fuss. The brunette was scolded by the leader while Hoseok stood in the doorway laughing.

A blushing (M/N) gathered an outfit from his bag, V's warmth still making his skin tingle. He escaped to the bathroom, closing the door against the loud voices and occasional thuds.

(M/N) stood there for a second, holding his bundle of clothes, a sigh of disbelief escaping him.
'These guys... this is only the first day, will I really be able to get used to this??'
He tousled his (H/C) locks in a burst of frustration before getting dressed.

Upon exiting the bathroom, (M/N) was met by Hoseok.

"Oh, Hyung. Sorry, were you waiting?" (M/N) stepped aside, but J-Hope only shook his head.

"I was wondering if you wanted to join me for a run," he said with a smile.
"I usually go with Jimin, but he has other plans."

(M/N) smiled back and nodded.
"Sure, why not?"
As soon as (M/N) issued his reply, Suga called out from the hyung-line's room.

"No, (M/N) is coming with me and RM to the studio."
The two standing in the hallway moved to peek into the room, spotting Suga relaxing on his bed, the back of his head cradled in his hands. He opened his eyes, and Hoseok pointed to his hyung dumbfoundedly.

"Hyung, are you sleeping??"

(M/N) laughed, amused by the fact that the person who woke everyone up was back in his bed.

"N-no, I was just resting my eyes," the older male said, defending himself as he sat up.
"Anyways, (M/N) is coming with us today."

"He already agreed to go jogging with me," Hoseok said, slinging his arm over (M/N)'s shoulders and pulling him closer somewhat protectively.
The trainee looked down guiltily for a moment before his head snapped up with enthusiasm. He interrupted the two who had started to bicker, tugging on Hoseok's shirt to get his attention.

"Hyung, I could do both," he reasoned.
"Besides, it's not like you'll run all day, right?"
He turned his gaze to Suga, who sat with slumped shoulders and an unamused expression.
"Can I come to the studio afterwards? Would you wait for me?" He tilted his head persuasively, throwing the most charming smile he could muster Suga's way.
The two grew silent, starstruck by the younger's refreshing cuteness.

(M/N) furrowed his brow at the lack of reply, so he squared his jaw and swatted J-Hope's chest. The idol removed his arm from (M/N) and stepped back against the force, making a sound. Suga raised his eyebrows, watching in surprise.

"Do you agree or not?"

Suga chuckled and nodded, amused that Hoseok had gotten hit by (M/N). The brunette rubbed the spot that was stricken, staring at (M/N) in blank disbelief. (M/N) reached up and took Hoseok's face in his hands, squishing his cheeks and making his lips stick out comically.

"Do you agree?" (M/N) asked slowly, annunciating each syllable as if he were talking to a child. J-Hope nodded, letting out a laugh.

"Alright, let's go, then. I'll put on some joggers."

-one of those mystical magical time skip things, sponsored by mama Jin's home cooking-

(M/N) stopped to catch his breath, unable to keep up with the energetic idol. Hoseok halted and turned back around for (M/N), laughing as he walked towards him.

"How do you have so much stamina," the (H/C) haired male said inbetween breaths. This only made J-Hope chuckle more.

"Wanna take a break? You've made it pretty far already," he said, impressed with the trainee.
He patted (M/N)'s arm once, pointing his attention to a convenience store across the street. The dancer started heading towards the store, (M/N) soon following in exasperation.

They entered the store, and immediately (M/N) sighed at the temperature difference.
He followed Hoseok down an aisle, absentmindedly looking at the shelves. The taller boy stopped to look at the refrigerated drinks.

"Oof."
(M/N) backed up, having bumped into J-Hope.

"Oh Hyung, sorry. I wasn't watching," explained (M/N), who looked toward the glass case as well.
"But Hyung, why did we come in here? Did you want to buy something?"
J-Hope nodded with a smile.

"This," he said, opening the refrigerator and stooping to pick up a sports drink. He gestured with his head for (M/N) to follow as he started to approach the register.

J-Hope paid for the drink and the two exited the store.
He held out the bottle to (M/N), who eyed his mentor in confusion before hesitantly taking it.

"What's..."

"It's for you," J-Hope stated, stuffing his hands in his hoodie pockets. He grinned proudly as the boy grew flustered.

"...What about you?"

"I bought it specifically for you. Besides, I think you need it more than I do..." Hoseok's eyes wandered to a drop of sweat creeping down (M/N)'s neck.
The trainee noticed that Hoseok was staring with his brows furrowed slightly in anticipation, and reached up to feel the sweat on his neck. He flushed more, wiping it away and muttering a small apology.

"Sorry... That's kind-of gross, huh.."

J-Hope shook his head.
"I was debating whether or not to clear it away myself," he admitted, clearing his throat and looking away awkwardly.
He turned his gaze back to (M/N) after a moment, noticing that he was still hesitant about having the drink.

"Yah."

(M/N) looked up, a bit startled.

"I bought it for you, are you not going to accept it?" Hoseok looked a bit upset, though his voice was soft.

(M/N) eyed the bottle in his hands.
"...do you buy sports drinks for Jimin when you go running together?" He questioned slowly.

"Of course not..."

(M/N) smiled a bit, uncapping the bottle.

J-Hope chuckled and tousled (M/N)'s hair.

"Shall we head back?"

------------------------------
[1057 words]
Whew~
*stretches and pops joints*
🌸