[6] Like Pomegranates

(M/N) returned to the dorm with three of his mentors around 11pm.

Jin was asleep on the couch next to J-Hope, who scrolled through his phone drowsily. He looked up as the four entered, a fond smile growing on his face.

"Hey, you guys are back."

"Hoseok-hyung, you're still awake? You look tired," Jungkook stated.
Suga waved everyone goodnight and headed down the hallway, most likely to get to bed.

"Mhm... a lot happened today," J-Hope replied as he stretched his arms into the air.

Namjoon bent over Jin, patting his cheeks gently to wake him up. (M/N) smiled contentedly, warmed by the fact that the members treated one another with such care.
The eldest stirred, immediately smiling upon seeing himself surrounded by the people he loves.

"You should sleep in your bed, hyung," Namjoon said kindly before standing fully again. Jin only nodded, still half asleep. He got up dizzily and blinked a few times, struggling to wake up enough to be able to get down the hall and get ready for bed.

"I should go too," Namjoon decided. Jungkook nodded in agreement. (M/N) took out his phone to check it, only to see that his trainee friend had texted him goodnight.

"I'm exhausted..." Jungkook started to follow Namjoon and Jin down the hall before stopping and turning around.
"(M/N)-ah, are you coming?"

(M/N) looked up from replying to his friend.
"Yeah, I'll be right there!"

Jungkook smiled and continued down the hallway. (M/N) glanced to J-Hope, who remained on the couch in a reclining position.

"Hyung, you shouldn't sleep there, you'll get sore," (M/N) advised. He gestured towards Hoseok with the hand that held his phone still before putting it back in his pocket. The dancer yawned and nodded, finally pulling himself from the comfort of the couch. He slung his arm over (M/N)'s shoulders and started to guide them down the hall.

~

After completing his nightly routine, (M/N) sat on his bed checking social media and messaging his friends. V was already fast asleep, possibly long before the others returned home. Jimin entered the room with wet hair, a bath towel sitting around his shoulders.

"Goodnight handsome (M/N)-ah, let's hang out tomorrow, okay?" Jimin said cheerfully as he climbed up to his bed. (M/N) chuckled.

"Yes Hyung, sleep well," the trainee replied. Jungkook entered from the bathroom as well.

Everyone got settled in their beds and the light was shut off. After about half an hour, Jungkook called out quietly from above (M/N).

"(M/N)?"

The trainee's eyes fluttered open.
"Mhm," he hummed.

Jungkook hesitated for a few seconds.
"Sleep up here with me?"
(M/N) blushed.

"Is something wrong? Are you cold?" The trainee inquired, his voice threatening to waver. He heard an affirmative hum from the bunk above him.

"Okay..."
(M/N) got out of his bed and climbed Jungkook's ladder. The slightly older male made room for (M/N) so he could settle beside his mentor. The reddened boy thanked every higher power that it was dark in the room, hiding how he blushed. There was little sound to mask his thundering heartbeat, though. As Jungkook drew near and guided (M/N) close to his chest, he noticed how stiff and nervous the other was.

"Don't worry," whispered Jungkook.
"I'm nervous too." The brunette idol let out a soft chuckle and wrapped an arm around (M/N)'s waist carefully.
(M/N)'s hair tickled the idol's chin, and Jungkook brought his head closer to inhale the scent of (M/N)'s shampoo. He paused.