[4] Lunch Break

After the jog, (M/N) returned to the dorm to shower and change.

The only people in the dorm at the time were Jin and V, J-Hope having gone straight to the dance studio.

After exiting the bathroom with a towel in his hands drying his hair, (M/N) found that the two remaining idols were in the kitchen. (M/N) leaned on the bar separating the kitchen from the living room.

"Hey, what are you making?"
The two idols turned their heads to (M/N). V smiled excitedly upon seeing his friend, and Jin offered a casual greeting.

"Are you hungry? You haven't eaten yet, right?"

(M/N) nodded.

"(M/N)-ah, try mine first!" Taehyung approached the boy enthusiastically while holding a spoon over his hand.

"What is it?" (M/N) eyed the spoon curiously, leaning a bit to take the extended spoon into his mouth. V smiled widely, anticipating the other's reaction as the spoon was released.

"Ramyeon broth! I made it," he said proudly, like a small child presenting an art project. (M/N) nodded and made a sound of approval, his features brightening.

"It's good!"

V laughed and hugged the smaller male triumphantly, bouncing on his feet like an excited puppy. Jin could be heard chuckling in the background as he cooked, glancing back at the two younger boys.

(M/N) peeked over Taehyung's shoulder with a smile after recovering from his own laughter.

"Jin-hyung, are you making ramyeon too? It smells good."
V loosened his embrace, turning so that he could look to Jin without removing his arms from around (M/N)'s shoulders.

Jin turned once more to smile at them, moving away from the stove to reveal a fryingpan of meat and vegetables.
The two idols laughed more when (M/N) let out a sound of awe and excitement.

"(M/N) is so cute,~" V cooed, pressing his cheek to (M/N)'s and nuzzling him. The trainee's face grew warm and he let out an embarrassed chuckle.

"But hyung," (M/N) started, looking to Jin and letting V just be V, "Isn't meat and vegetables more of a dinner-type food?"
Taehyung looked up as well, casually resting his head against (M/N)'s, his arms still draped over him.

Jin spoke without turning his attention away from the stove.
"Food is food, right? I felt like eating meat and potatoes," he said with a small laugh.
"Is that a problem?" He threw a charming smile toward (M/N), who shook his head enthusiastically.

"It smells really good... can I have some?" (M/N) eyed the food hungrily.
Jin chuckled knowingly and turned off the stove. He picked up a piece of meat between a pair of chopsticks, holding his hand under it as he moved towards the trainee.

"Here, taste some first," he said nonchalantly, but he must've been jealous that V got to feed the younger male. (M/N) opened his mouth and allowed the food to be guided into it. He chewed slowly, his eyes widening.
He finished his bite and made a cheerful sound, humming approvingly.

"Hyung-nim! Really, it's so good! Can I have some more?"

Jin laughed, his cheeks warming. He nodded, going to put some on a plate for (M/N). Taehyung pouted, making a sound like a whining puppy.

"You like it more than mine?"

(M/N) scoffed nervously.
"No- that is... You see, I like yours too, but they're different foods, so I can't really..." He trailed off, squirming uncomfortably for a moment.
V only giggled and nuzzled him some more.