11

(Listen to the song above when it gets to the bolded AND italicized words.)
•••••PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AFTER THE PROLOGUE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.•••••
⚠️️⚠️️⚠️️TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️⚠️️⚠️️

POV: Ben
"You. It's you."

I open my eyes and look directly at Lana, who's eyes are staring into mine. She doesn't speak for what feels like ages, and I swear the world is crumbling down around me.
"Me? Why me?."
"B-because," I stutter and take a deep breath. It's now or never I suppose. I grab her hands in mine before I speak.
"You're one of the most beautiful people I've ever met. Your eyes are captivating, I could get lost in them. Your smile is so intoxicating, I almost feel like I'm drunk every time I see it. Your hair's so soft, I could play with it forever. Your personality is the most amazing thing. You'd give anyone the shirt off your back, the last penny in your pocket, the shoes off your feet; you'd give anyone anything they needed. Your voice is soft, sweet, it's just so lovely, I could listen to it for hours; your laugh is the same. Your drive to help people and make the world better is what draws me to you. You make me a better person, Alana Rae. I wish I never went to Texas that day. You're worth more than the "fame" Asking Alexandria brings me. You're the love of my life and I was so stupid to let you go and chose my career. I should've fought to stay, I shouldn't have left so easily. I'm sorry I let you go, I promise you I won't let you go again. I'll keep you safe; I'll give you the world, even if it kills me."
Lana sniffles and I gently wipe the tears falling down her face. "Don't cry, butterfly."
She giggles and smiles brightly. Damn that giggle, and smile, they're both addicting. "I never thought I'd get called that again. It's nice to hear it."
I gently peck her cheek, which causes her to blush redder than a chili pepper. (We'd had a huge discussion once I told her she looked like a tomato when she blushed. She hates tomatoes. She said, and I quote, "Tomatoes are the devils work and taste like soured milk mixed with water and plastic. Don't ever say I look like a tomato, call me a chili pepper or some shit." Thus, "blushing redder than a chili pepper" was born.)
"Ben, can I tell you something?"
I nod, eager to hear what she has to say, hoping she says she reciprocates the feelings.
"I don't feel the same."
My heart drops to my feet, and I swear I feel tears well up in my eyes. I let go of her hands, which causes her to laugh.
"Ben, I'm kidding! You've got to be blind if you see that I don't love you back! I wouldn't have kissed you if I didn't feel the same."
"You're evil!"
"If you say so, Benjamin."
"So... what does this mean for us?"
"I-" Lana pauses in though. "I don't think we should jump back into engagement, but calling you my boyfriend doesn't sound too bad."
Resisting the urge to happy dance is almost killing me. "Calling you my girlfriend doesn't seem bad either."
Lana's smile grows from ear to ear, I'd honestly be surprised if her face wasn't in pain after this. "Okay.... boyfriend."
"Okay.... girlfriend."
"Maybe ok can be our always?"
I laugh, and it echoes throughout the entire neighborhood it seems. "Please, lets not be one of those "Tumblr" meets "The Fault in our Stars" couples"
"TFIOS is a great movie though!"
"TFIOS?"
She laughs to herself and shakes her head. "Nothing, nothing."
My eyes dart to the clock on the wall over the bar area; and I realize we've been out here so long, it's almost sunrise, 30-ish minutes till. A lightbulb goes off in my head (which is rare.) and I pick Lana up bridal style and carry her to my car.

) and I pick Lana up bridal style and carry her to my car