26

LilLynx incoming call...

Bridget sighed and bit her lip before pressing the green button. she had been anticipating this call since last night and somehow she had convinced herself that everything would be fine and lynx won't leave. she wouldn't.

Lynx expectedly stared at the screen as it froze, moved and froze again before a grainy picture of Bridget was visible. Lynx could feel her mouth turning up into a smile already as she stared at the hazel eyed girl, fixing her glasses and looking at the screen. She was wearing a red flannel and she looked beautiful. Better than the pictures.

Bridget looked at Lynx and just stared at her in awe. She noticed her soft blue hair, and warm brown eyes. She looked slightly tanned, the gap between her front teeth prominent as she smiled her warm smile. It was worth it, risking losing Lynx's friendship was worth the way she looked on the screen right now. And Bridget wished she could gather the courage to meet her. To touch her, and hug her.

"Hey!" Lynx smiled at her and Bridget felt like melting.

"Hi." Bridget had a small smile on her face and Lynx felt happier than she had in awhile.

"Now tell me what sfa means." She demanded, reaching behind her for a glass, the straw going between her lips.

And then they talked and talked and talked. Forgetting about the sun rising sinking and rising and they just talked for hours. It felt right, the way Bridget would lie down occasionally, the way Lynx would leave every once and awhile to get something else to eat, the way Bridget's eyes closed as she laughed and the way Lynx would just stare at her sometimes felt right.

"It's been all night and half of the morning," Bridget yawns and Lynx can't help but awe at her cuteness.

"Can't believe we've been talking this long." Lynx whispers, wishing Bridget was there by her side instead of across the screen.

"Me too," Bridget says, staring at Lynx as she runs a hand through her hair.

"This doesn't feel real Bridget." Lynx mumbles, laying her head on her pillow, feeling like she could drift to sleep at any moment.

"I don't want it to." Bridget murmurs her eyes closing slightly and they both fall asleep, their laptops on, call going as they match their breathing and pretending to be laying next to each other.