44

Bridget took a deep breath as she pulled into Lynx's driveway. She had no idea that the first time seeing Lynx would be like this. To say she was nervous was an understatement. She could feel her fingers shaking as she parked her car and walked up the porch steps. She had never been this nervous at the conventions she went to, she was beyond paranoid to see Lynx. For a fact she knew she was going to fall deeper in love with Lynx when she saw her face but she was scared. What if Lynx thought she was ugly? What if she decided she only liked Bridget from across the grainy computer screen? She pushed the thoughts aside and took a deep breath pressing her finger to the doorbell. She could hear shuffling on the other side of the door, and she sighed out loud creating a puff of air in front of her mouth.

And then the door creaked open just to reveal Lynx. Bridget could feel Lynx's pain just by looking at her beautiful face that was now mutilated. She could feel how tired Lynx was by looking at the dark rings under her eyes and matted hair.

"Lynx," Bridget breathed out, wanting nothing more than to leap forward and hug her but she stayed staring at her and she stared back.

Lynx was memorized. She never thought she would be seeing Bridget this soon. Bridget was even more beautiful than Lynx had imagined. Her hazel eyes were calming and her short brown hair sat perfectly around her face. Her skin was slightly tanned and Lynx wanted to touch her. Bridget's voice was soothing and Lynx could feel every bruise hurting less when she spoke.

She knew she had fallen for Bridget.

"Bridget," she could feel tears pricking her eyes again as Bridget stepped forward, towards her.

And then Bridget hugged her. Her arms wrapped tightly around Lynx's waist. And Lynx's around Bridget's shoulders as they embraced each other. Lynx could feel the warmth, the heat radiating off of Bridget as she buried her face in her shoulder. She could feel Bridget's heart beat, and she could feel Bridget's hair slightly tickling her cheek as she tightened her grip on her.

"Bridget," Lynx sobbed, she was overwhelmed now. She could feel the pain in her chest dissolving every second Bridget breathed against her neck.

"I'm here Lynx, you're okay, I'm here,"