42

Bridget was heartbroken when she saw Lynx sitting on the floor of her bathroom, her beautiful face covered in cuts and bruises and her eyes flowing with tears. Bridget could feel Lynx's pain through the screen and she could feel her own heart contracting ever second she watched Lynx.

"Lynx," she breathed out, wanting to do anything and everything to touch her through the screen.

"Bridget," Lynx sobbed, trying to wipe away her tears but wincing when her whole face hurt. She wanted nothing more than to be by Bridget's side.

"Lynx what happened, who did this to you?" Bridget whispered, feeling as if she could start crying at any moment. She could feel the tears pricking her eyes, but swallowing the lump in her throat, focusing her attention on the tattered girl across the screen.

"M-My dad found out I'm a little." She shamefully admitted and watched as Bridget's eyebrows knitted together. She could see the hurt in her hazel eyes, as she ran a hand through her short hair.

"His going to kick me out." Lynx choked and Bridget looked at her. She wanted to be with Lynx right now, by her side and wipe her swollen eyes.

"Don't worry." Bridget wanted to propose that Lynx should come live with her, but she wasn't sure if Lynx would agree, after all, Bridget was still a stranger to her.

"Lynx?" She cooed and Lynx nodded her head, unable to speak.

"I know this may sound stupid but I live with a few friends and maybe you could come over for a few days? Or however long you'd like?" She reasoned. Lynx tried to smile but couldn't. Her face was still hurting, but she felt happy, despite the situation.

"It won't work. How will I get out of the house?" Lynx was up for the idea of going with Bridget to her place. Honestly there was nothing better than getting away from this hell hole of a house.

"We'll work out something. But does that mean a yes?" Bridget smiled hopefully.

"Yes." Lynx attempted to smile, and Bridget could feel everything going right in the world. She didn't want to hold back anymore so she said it. She said the words she swore she wouldn't say because she wasn't afraid anymore.

"I love you Lynx," she sighed and Lynx breathed out in relief.

"I love you Bridget."