45

"I didn't know you drive," Lynx mumbled quietly as Bridget pulled out of the driveway. Lynx was sitting silently in the passengers seat, her body pressed against the door of the car and she felt embarrassed. For some reason she was feeling extremely nervous around Bridget yet strangely relaxed.

"I have had my share of failed driving test," Bridget smiled at her. She glanced at Lynx for a moment just intaking her beauty as she fidgeted in the seat next to her. She was confused as to why Lynx was looking so uncomfortable. Did she say something wrong? Did she do something wrong? Is Lynx questioning the fact wether she should have come or not?

"Lynx are you okay?" She asked, reaching out and placing her hand on her knee. Lynx winced, causing Bridget to quickly retreat, and look away.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Lynx said, unconvincingly. A loud silence stretched between them only the sound of hot air blasting from the heater was heard and Bridget felt like crawling under the covers. This was the reason she refused to meet Lynx. She knew that once Lynx had seen her in person she wouldn't like her anymore, she just wanted to stay in the virtual world where she could text Lynx cute things and not worry about it. They could talk nonsense on skype and Bridget wouldn't have to worry about it because Lynx would be a hundred miles away.

"Bridget?" Lynx's voice was soft as it interrupted Bridget's thoughts. Lynx was starting to think if Bridget had stopped liking her after seeing how problematic Lynx was. Lynx knew she wasn't in the best state right now and she looked like crap. Was that the reason Bridget was acting weird? Did she not like the way Lynx looked? Was she just doing this all out of pity?

"Yeah?" Bridget's voice was wavering. She was trying hard every second to swallow the lump in her throats but it was just getting bigger and bigger with time.

"Why are you acting so," Lynx paused to take a breath. She could feel tears coming again but she controlled them. Not allowing them to fall down her face. "Why are you acting so strange?" She finally asked and Bridget turned her head to look at her.

"What are you talking about?" Bridget scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. If anything she thought Lynx was acting strange.

"I don't know. Do you not like me now?" Lynx muttered, looking out the window in embarrassment.

"What? No! Of course I like you Lynx. I love you." Bridget pulled to the side and turned in her seat to look at her. Lynx didn't look back at her though. She thought Bridget was only doing this out of pity.

"Lynx?" she didn't turn around "Lynx please look at me." Bridget's hand reached out to take Lynx's hand and Lynx finally looked at her. Bridget looked down at their hands, Bridget's slightly tanned skinned complimented her pale one. Bridget's hands were soft on her skin and she wanted nothing more than to hold them forever.

"I'm sorry for being such a wimp." Lynx shook her head, looking away once again and Bridget smiled at her. Lynx was so beautiful. Mustering up as much confidence as she could, Bridget leaned forward, pressing a soft kiss to her cheek and shifting her hand to lace her fingers in Lynx's. Lynx could feel the heat radiating off of her as Bridget started the car once again. And lynx couldn't keep the slight smile off her face.

--
I'm wrapped like a burrito in my blanket.