Bridget slowly walked up the driveway behind the others, her hands sweating and her hair messy from finger combing it. She had told Lynx she would kiss her as soon as she got back, but she wasn't that confident. She knew she would either stumble over, say something idiotic or just do something unacceptable and unattractive. For a moment she forgot how easy texting was compared to actually doing it. Why did she even say that?

When she finally reached the door which had been closed in her face, she shifted the doughnut box to her other hand and knocked on the door. She could have just gone in but in this moment she wasn't really thinking straight.

Lynx's heartbeat quickened intensely, almost to the point where she could hear it, when she heard the knocking. She swallowed hard and got off the couch, the others had already vanished to a different room. She took small, anxious steps towards the door. She was anticipating what would happen when she opened the door. Would Bridget really kiss her? She did say that she would, but knowing Bridget, she might have changed her mind? But what if she didn't and she did kiss Lynx? What if she reacts stupidly? What if Lynx doesn't know how to kiss? What if it's not even Bridget behind the door and she already came in?

Lynx's hands started to shake and with a deep sigh she turned the doorknob and opened the door.

As soon as Bridget heard the door opening she decided she would just go for it. If she gave this any more thought, she would probably end up chickening out and so, as soon as the door opened to reveal Lynx, Bridget took a huge stride and cupped Lynx's face in her hands, dropping the box of doughnuts in the process.

--
whoops