| The Letter |

Parker

Parker

I heard a knock at the door,"Christ." I shoved all the pills and half rolled joints into a drawer. "W- who is it?" I called out frantically spraying the room with frebreze. "Keith" he said from the other side of the door "You have mail." I rolled my eyes,"Just leave it on the table I'll get it later."

"I don't know man" he said "Looks pretty important to me." I finally budge getting up from my desk chair to open the door. He peaked over my shoulder,"What were you doing in there." I sighed "Keith the letter." He handed me the letter,"It's from administration." I opened it skimming over most of the parts,"low gpa...lack of attendance in class... twenty four hours to report to deans office... enrollment terminated..."

I leaned against the doorframe running my fingers through my hair,"Shit." Keith stared at me,"You better get your ass to that deans office." He walked back into his room,"Wait" He handed me what looked like a brochure,"I think this is for you Oh! your free trial on pornhub is expiring."

"I don't use pornhub" I told him staring at the card. "It's in your name," The only person I could think of at the moment had to be "Chase!" He used my name and email address to make him another account. "Who's Chase?" Keith asked. I ran my hands over my face,"A piece of shit who ruined my life." Keith didn't ask anymore questions giving me information on how to unsubscribe on pornhub. Although he said I might need it later I think he was only joking.

I closed the door behind me taking a deep breathe. How did my life come to this, I have no girlfriend. My enrollment in the university  might be terminated. I haven't slept properly in a month. I missed her every single second we are apart. I went to my desk dumping all the drugs into the bathroom trashcan. I couldn't keep destroying myself like this. My father wouldn't want me to just give up on life, and myself.

I showered getting dressed in a grey t-shirt, black jeans, and slapping a hat on my damp hair. I looked at the time it was almost three o'clock the admins officials closed in a hour. I grabbed my car keys and the bag out of the bathroom leaving. I walked around the building to the dump, throwing the bag of drugs away. I wasn't going to waste my life away to this junk.

I got out the car running into the administrative office. The women behind the desk smiled at me,"You seem to be in a rush." I slapped the letter down on the counter,"I need to talk with the dean." She picked up the letter titling her glasses over the bridge of her nose,"Sit I'll let him know you're here." I took a seat in one of the uncomfortable brown chairs.

After waiting for almost fifteen minutes I was allowed to go in. I swallowed the lump in my throat wiping my sweating palms on the front of my jeans. A freakishly big bald man sit behind the desk. His glasses looked oddly to small for his large face. "Sit Mr. Vince," I closed the door behind me. Taking a seat in the chairs in front of the desk.

"Do you want to be here Mr. Vince?" He asked me. I looked around the room nervously,"Y-Ye" He held up his hand,"That was a trick question the answer is you don't." I bit my lip if I had any water in me I'd piss myself. "I saw your transcript and academic achievements," he didn't sound impressed. "Truth is, I've seen hundreds of them like it, and you can be easily replaced in this university" he looked like he'd explode any minute.

"By your performance your first semester here you've already proven to me that you don't want to be here," I kept my mouth shut under his hard hawk like gaze. "I should terminate your admittance today, inform your parents, and have them collect you from the front gates!" he barked making me jump out of my skin.

"Sadly, that isn't a option as of now," relief washed over me I still had a chance. "Don't get too overjoyed boy" a bead of sweat dropped down my forehead "You have one last chance to prove to us that this is what you want and where you want to be. Exams are next week and if" he put extra emphasis on the if. "If you are so lucky to pass all of them with a decent grade you shall remain enrolled in the university, but on academic probation."

After a couple more minutes of talking to him I was allowed to leave. I had a hell of a lot of work ahead of me if I wanted to pass these exams. The only way I could do it is if I didn't sleep for a week. I went to the student book store collecting all the study materials and textbooks I needed for class.

Comment & Vote