07; sleepover

a/n: so I broke up with my boyfriend and it's been like really rough on me even though I had my reasons. but it's gotten to a point where I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I did it and it should be done. It's been days and I shouldn't have to be dealing with all this crap. I ended it and when it ends it ends. okay Jesus. sorry for little rant. this is why I'm gonna marry Chris. everyone else can F off. lots of love, ash ❤️❤️

The next morning I found myself in the lab with Reed as Sue followed our work. We were setting up a chamber to study Johnny's heat. I thought it was stupid to start testing on him first seeing as the sooner he learns more about his powers the sooner he'll be running off to soak up fame.

"Where's Johnny? He was supposed to be here half an hour ago" Sue said looking at her watch and I sighed removing my glasses that I had yet to change out of since this morning. I rubbed my one eye before placing them back on.

"I'll get him. I have to put my contacts in anyway" I said and they nodded as I walked out. I went to my room putting in my contacts quickly before walking across the hall to Johnny's room. I didn't put in my contacts this morning because he kept me up all night blasting some action film.

"C'mom hot head you're late!" I banged on the door but I just heard groaning from inside.

"I don't want to get up!" I groaned pushing open the door.

"You would've been up by now if you actually went to bed at a decent time" I scolded as I stepped in. He rolled over removing his blanket to show he was just in his boxers.

"Come join me. We have the whole afternoon to test my powers" he said and I crossed my arms.

"It 2 pm Johnny. Get up now" he shook his head closing his eyes. I stomped towards his bed and started tugging at his arm but he swiftly pulled me into the bed. I yelped as I landed on the fluffy service. He wrapped me up in his arms and snuggled his head into my neck.

"That's better"

"Johnny come on. Please come to the lab. I'll do anything" that seemed to catch his attention. He kept his arms on me as he pulled his head away looking at me. His bright blue eyes bore into my hazel ones.

"Anything?" he asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Not like that"

"I know. Give me time to think about what I want. Until then. Let's go" he hopped up pulling me with him as he slipped on a tank top and we ran to the lab. Him still in boxers he clapped his hands together.

"Let's do this thing"

"Okay Johnny we just need you to step into here and use your powers" Reed explained opening the large box for him, Johnny stepped in and we moved up to a second level control room. He starts heating up within the enclosed fire proof chamber. Flames start escaping through the vents as he is completely on fire.

"He's heating up from his core" Reed mumbled and I looked at my screen.

"And his vitals are totally normal" I said and the temp continued to climb.

"He's hotter than I anticipated" Reed mumbled to me as he moved to the microphone.

"Okay Johnny. Back it down!" Reed yells as he gets to hot.