The cuter of the two

Y/n P.O.V.

Owls descended from the sky as the daily mail came. I watched with curiosity as a red enveloped letter floated from the claws of an owl. It descended towards Fred and George.

A brown spotted owl descended towards me, a brown envelope in its grasp. I stretched out my arm, flinching as it landed. It nuzzled my head in affection before quickly lifting into the air.

I released a deep sigh as it escaped into the sky. "I'M NOT OPENING IT! NOT UNTIL I GET ANSWERS!" I yelled at the bird as I tore the letter.

A loud scream erupted in the cafeteria. I looked towards the Gryffindor table. Fred was on the floor, rapidly scrambling away from the letter. George held out a fork, placing the weapon between himself and the message.

The letter swelled, and both boys hastily covered their ears.

"Not only did we get cleaning duties as punishment, but also a howler from mum," George growled in distaste.

I involuntarily took a few steps backward, not quite knowing what to expect. The letter shrieked like a boiling tea kettle.

"SHe's gonna blow!" A random person yelled as the envelope paused in the air. A loud explosion of voices and shattering glass followed, everyone, jumping at the noise.

"FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY! HOW DARE you steal two penguins from a MUGGLE zoo and keep them at Hogwarts! What a disgrace! IN your FIRST year, NO LESS! Both your brothers have done better than you! I expected more out of you two!" The letter's screams echoed through the dining hall.

It continued in a softer voice, "I know you had no part in it Y/n. I am always proud of you."

The voice raised to a screeching again. "AND THEN YOU SNUCK OUT OF BED, INVOLVED Y/N, AND GOT DUMBLEDORE DRUNK! YOU COULD HAVE EXPELLED!!! AND INVOLVING Y/N, HOW DARE YOU GET HER INTO YOUR TROUBLE!"

"I'm sorry you had to get involved in their mischief Y/n, I really am" the letter continued, again addressing me.

"NOT ONLY WAS THAT BAD ENOUGH BUT YOU TWO MADE A MOCKERY OF DUMBLEDORE AND SENT HIS POOR DRUNK SELF PROTESTING AROUND THE SCHOOL! WITH YOUR PENGUINS AT EACH SIDE!!! I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!"

"We didn't make a mockery of Dumbledore," Fred muttered under his breath.

"Yea," George muttered back, "He did that himself. No fair to blame us." They packed up, completely ignoring the howler as it raged on. I scampered towards them, wary of the letter. What if it bit me?

Students vaulted away from us in attempt to get away from the yelling. The hallway cleared in a matter of seconds, not a single person left in sight.

"We should get howlers more often! They really clear the halls!" Fred yelled over the howler.

"What? I can't hear you!" George and I yelled back.

We entered the classroom, students covering their ears.

"FRED ADN GEORGE, YOU NEED TO BE MORE RESPONSIBLE-" The howler's raging was cut short from McGonigal's glare. It paused before continuing its rant. In one swift flick of her wand, the howler exploded. Rage-filled confetti fell to the floor in a huff.

"Hope you boys don't mind me interrupting your howler, but I would like to get on with class." She said, wringing her hands and preparing to teach. The twins exchanged a look before releasing a huge breath. They physically seemed to deflate as the adrenaline drained out of them.

Class passed in a breeze as Fred and George napped, occasionally snoring. On a particularly tough snore, I would nudge them harshly, earning a glare from McGonogall.