Fires and Stars.

Y/n P.O.V.

"Y/n! Y/n! Y/n!" Fred yelled. I glanced at him, annoyed.

"What do you want?" I grumbled, turning my gaze back to my book.

"George is in detention." Fred twirled his wand between his fingers. I shrugged, turning my attention back to the book. "So, that means we need to help him!"

"You go ahead. I'm getting to the climax of the story." I mumbled, leaning into the pages. The old smell of book greeted me as I dug into the novel.

"It's no fun alone!" Fred complained, walking over to me. He motioned me aside, squeezing into the same chair as me.

"You're lucky this is a big chair, or I would kick you out." I yawned, my eyes never leaving the golden brown pages. Fred sat quietly, unmoving in the chair as I read. He casually started twiddling his thumbs, shifting his legs.

"I'm bored." He complained, looking at me. I placed my bookmark in between the pages in exasperation.

"Are you going to let me read at all?" I asked, frustrated. Fred grinned and shook his head. Taking my book, he placed it firmly in his lap.

"I won't let you read it because I'm going to read it to you!" He exclaimed, opening up the book. He used one hand to hold the book, the other flipping the pages. Characters seemed to come to life as he read, the battle between the hero and villain raging before me.

I watched the fire, the orange flames leaping and dancing, reinacting the battle. Red mixed with gold, orange sparks crackling where swords clashed together in an epic battle. The sway of Fred's voice changed the sway of the battle. In moments it would be quiet, building up to a fierce attack. I glanced at him as everything seemed to stand still in the story.

Fred had paused, yawning as he stretched. Placing an arm around my shoulders, he pulled me towards him. I allowed the closeness, breathing in his familiar scent as he read. He smelled like gunpowder and silicone, a failed experiment from earlier today. Ther were perfecting their prank wands.

The fire lured me into a spell, the flames making me sleepy. I gently rested my head on Fred's shoulder, barely noticing a pause in his reading. If I had glanced at his face, I'm sure it would be filled with a smile.His hand gently tugged and played with my hair. His body was warm against mine, the fire slowly dying away.

Fred P.O.V.

I waited, her breaths shallowing. Despite her sleepiness, I continued. The pages passed slowly, the amount she leaned on me steadily increasing. My fingers tangled in her locks, her breathing low and rhythmic. I paused, setting the book down as I gazed at her. I continued stroking her hair, her face relaxed into harmony.

"You know, I got a letter today. It was from your guardian angel. Huge surprise, right? It told me to join you, treasure you, and when you were asleep, to kiss you. It told me that this may be my only chance, that everything would come to an end soon." My voice choked. I didn't realize I was thinking out loud until now. "I really want to kiss you. Did you know that? I desperately want to kiss you, but it wouldn't feel right. You're asleep. It would be invasion of privacy and would ruin your trust. I love you, Y/n, I really do. Perhaps that's why I'm overprotective of you. Perhaps that's why I'm jealous of Max. Gosh, I'm so jealous of Max."

Sighing, I looked down at her. She was fast asleep. My heart told me to keep it this way, letting her sleep on my lap. My mind told me I didn't have much time let with her before George intervined.

Poking her cheek, I tried to wake her up. "Hey idiot! You fell asleep! Get off me!" I started shaking my shoulder, waking her up. She yawned, covering her mouth as she opened her eyes. I regretted it immediately, her sleepy face enticing me. I needed to kiss her. My primal instincts demanded her love.