II: First Sight🕯

As Mrs. Potts led Plumette to the kitchen, Plumette couldn't help but stare at the extravagant decor in the castle. Everything was so incredibly detailed, from each angel painted on the ceilings, from the gran golden candelabras, even the lining along the walls had different designs imbedded in them.

Once they entered the kitchen, Mrs. Potts sat her by the large table filled with copper pots and pans in the center of the room, and walked towards the stove to set up Plumette's tea. There was a large man with his back turned towards the stove, cooking intensely and mumbling to himself angrily.

"That damn, spoiled brat! If it wasn't for my respect to his late parents, I would have left years ago!" said the man with a strong french accent.

"Oh deary , what's happened now?" said Mrs. Potts as she poured the tea. Plumette stood quiet as she listened to the two speak.

"Make my eggs shaped equally, he says! Can you believe it? As if I have control- oh-that damned brat!"

"Bouche! Please, we have a new guest. Do keep your voice down." said Mrs. Potts as she nudged him to face Plumette.

Bouche turned around, and took a double take as he looked at Plumette. For her beauty almost made him drop the pan he was holding. He placed the pan back on the stove and walked towards her , wiping his hands clean on his apron.

"Ahem, apologies Mademoiselle! I am Chef Bouche! Son of the great chef Bosco Bouche of Strasbourg, located near-"

"Alright, Alright. Calm yourself Bouche." said Mrs.Potts, as she set a tea cup and a plate filled with a croissant in front of Plumette.

Plumette giggled and extended her hand out towards Bouche. Surprised (by her unusual manners yet again) he extended his hand as well and shook hers lightly.

"I am Plumette. Nice to meet you Monsier.." she said. Bouche smiled brightly at her, and as if he never had a temper to being with, his mood calmed down and he whistled as he continued to cook the Prince's 'shapely' eggs.

"Eat up sweet pea. We want to get you settled in and comfortable here in the castle."

"Thank you, Miss. When will I begin work?" asked Plumette as she took a large bite of her food.

"Well, because of your long journey I thought it be best if we showed you around the castle first to get accustomed to things. It can get a bit overwhelming moving altogether so quickly I imagine." said Mrs. Potts as she cleaned the counter.

"Hmm, it was strange for her to send me off to a castle..." mumbled Plumette.

"Who sweet pea?" asked Mrs. Potts. But before Plumette could answer, a tall, fair man, who had on exquisite attire, and a dark curled mustache resting nicely on face, strolled into the kitchen with a aura that screamed luxurious.

"Mrs. Potts, I hear theres a new maid in the castle and I- oh!" he said as he laid eyes on Plumette.

Now, know this. Plumette had never interacted with men of her age. For our dearly departed Susie had kept her away from such prowling thieves of the heart. But as soon as Plumette saw the look this man gave her, she felt a sort of jolt rush through her.

"Well, well Mademoiselle! It is so very nice to meet you." he said as he walked towards her and bowed.

Plumette did nothing but stare at the man in front of her as if he had put her in a trance.

"Erm, My name is Lumiere." he said as the name rolled off his tongue. His accent was stronger than Chef Bouche's, but it sounded more vibrant and silky. When Plumette still did not respond, he bent down and reached for her hand slowly and gently pulled it up to his lips and lightly kissed it, glancing up at her as he did.

"Plumette..." she spoke.

"Hmm?" he hummed, as he gazed into her eyes.

"My name...it-it is Plumette." she said, as she smiled lightly towards him, but quickly looked down.

"Magnifique... tout comme une rose enchanteresse.." he spoke softly as he released his hands, and stood back up.

Plumette blushed lightly and twiddled her fingers together. It wasn't long until Mrs. Potts came between the two and nudged them both out to the kitchen, so that Lumiere could show Plumette around the castle.

"Lumiere, do take care of her. She doesn't seem accostumed to royal etiquette." Whispered Mrs. Potts, as Plumette walked ahead.

Lumiere raised his brows and glanced over at Plumette, who was gazing at the art of the castle yet again.

"Really? Hm. Well if that's so I wouldn't mind educating the Mademoiselle." Said Lumiere. Mrs. Potts smiled at him and nodded her head.

"I think that would be a good idea dear. Now off you go!" She said as she walked back to the kitchen.

Lumiere hurried to catch up to Plumette and cleared his throat.

"Ahem, Mademoiselle. If you please?" He said as he extended his arm out for her to grasp.

Plumette smiled and gracefully took his arm as he then them to the grand golden stairs and towards East Wing of the castle.

END OF CHAPTER🌸

Hope you enjoyed this one! Lumiere and Plumette have always been one of my fav small Disney couples and the fact we get to see there beautiful human faces in this film... AHHHH I'm still recovering.

ANYWAYS😭 I have so many ideas for this fic and I'm truly happy to write and extremely excited😭

P.S. I have YOUTUBE channel! If your interested in makeup and cosplay please check it out and subscribe!💜 Heres the link!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfiNx0_a14_if5dHJNzGRww/videos