IX : Just One Night🕊

"Bring in the maid!" Yelled Prince Adam as he lounged in his study.

Plumette walked in gracefully as always (Lumiere close behind) and bowed respectfully before Prince Adam. He smirked in approval and stood up dramatically.

"You have improved your etiquette I see.." started The Prince. He looked over Plumette's shoulder and towards Lumiere.

"Seems your training has helped quite Lumiere. Excellent work."

"Thank you, my Prince." Lumiere said as he clenched his fist. Plumette smiled up at the Prince, mostly because she was quite proud of her improvements as well. But she could feel the tension behind her from Lumiere.

"The rules are simple my dear, You are to bring me my breakfast at nine, dust my chambers twice a day, and shine my jewels once a day." Said the Prince, eyeing Plumette to see is she would flinch and at any of the demands.

She didn't.

"Yes, your highness. Shall I begin dusting then?"

"Ah, beautiful and hard-working. Lumiere I am quite impressed." said the Prince. Lumiere nodded in agreement, but he was mostly staring at Plumette.

"Ahem, my Prince shall we go over the village statue improvements? " said Lumiere.

He wanted the Prince to be as far away as possible from Plumette as he possibly could. The Prince had a habit of flirting with the maids and treating them with disrespect. He was willing to do anything to get Plumette away from his as possible.

"Ah, yes. Maid, you can start dusting the windows. Those bloody cobwebs are ruining the view."

Just as Plumette was about to bow, Lumiere spoke up.

"Plumette." Lumiere told the Prince.

"Excuse me?" Answered the Prince.

Lumiere realized that his voice sounded quite strong, and that was no way to talk to a Prince. Even one as horrid as Prince Adam.

"Her name my Prince. Is Plumette."

The Prince looked over at Plumette, who was worriedly staring at Lumiere.

"Ah. Well then Plumette, get to dusting." Said The Prince as he waltzed along out of the room. Lumiere stood behind for a moment to quickly kiss Plumette on the forehead before following the Prince. Once they left, Plumette took a deep breath in. She made her way over to the window to check the cobwebs the Prince complained about.

"What a Prince..."

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Things hadn't changed much since Plumette began her work as the a Prince's main maid. The only problem was Lumiere following them both around around whoever they were alone. The Prince did not seem to mind, but Plumette was worried Lumiere was too overprotective.

And for good reason.

It was one night in the grand library of the castle, that Prince Adam spent his free time reading some of his favorite books. It was perhaps the most peaceful time for the servants, for he was most quiet when he was in the library. Plumette just so happened to be dusting some of the books in the opposite side of the library. She hadn't even noticed he was there, she was so focused with her cleaning.
Once she made her way over to where the Prince was reading, she almost dropped her duster in surprise to see him sitting in one of the chairs, with his feet up on the table.