XVI: Broken Silence 📜

Five weeks had passed since Lumiere and Plumette's separation and it was absolutely agonizing for the both of them. Whenever Plumette would pass by his way, he would stare at her with hope in his golden metal eyes that she would say something- anything! But she would act as if he was never there and continue to float by him.

Many of the servants noticed the strange behavior between the two and wondered if it was just a spat that had occurred between the two of them. But when it lasted for more than a day... they knew something was not right.

Each day Plumette grew more weary and anxious and Lumiere more angry and upset at himself. Cogsworth would even try and speak to Plumette to get her to return to Lumiere...but she was still to hurt at his words. She truly missed her dramatic handsome soul mate... but she could not bring herself to approach him. Not even Chips silly stories or Chapeus upbeat violin playing could lift her spirits.

The same went on with Lumiere...how was it that a object that now had no heart...could feel so broken. He felt as though a part of him was ripped away along with his humanity.

Was this also part of the Enchantress's curse?

~~ ~~

Plumette spent most of her days in the grand library in the castle. Some days she was alone, some with Julienne chatting about about nonsense. Julienne had been by her side to the fullest It was a room no one bothered to go in expect the Beast. He would occasionally see her sitting silently on in if the window ledges, staring blankly at the snowy eternal storm outside. If they ever made eye contact,  he would nod his head at her and continue picking out books to read before returning to his room.

But this particular day was quite interesting.

As Plumette lounged on the window ledge listening to one of Julienne's stories when she was human, she heard the door creak open. She assumed it was the Beast so she kept her head towards the window. But there was a light metal sound falling against the floor that made her turn her head.

It was him... Lumiere.

Plumette quickly shushed Julienne and nodded over towards the handsome candelabra.

He walked through the library and his golden face held an expression of deep thought. Plumette pulled Julienne with her and quickly floated behind a bookcase so he would not see.

"What the bloody hell is he doing here?" Whispered Julienne.

"Shh."

They watched as he walked towards one of the book shelves in deep thought.