VI: Hidden Love ♤

One week had passed since Lumiere's and Plumette's meeting with the Prince. Lumiere had kept his word and helped Plumette perfect her etiquette during her breaks or when it was finally her day off. They would walk along the areas of the castle where there were not many servants around, and of course where they could stay away from the Prince. Lumiere would often hold her hand gently as they walked alongside each other, or stroke her fingers when they sat as Plumette tapped her fingers on the table.

"Remember to walk with your shoulders back and head up. No, not like that Mon amour, try lifting your head a little-thats it." said Lumiere as he watched Plumette glide across the room. The

"Lumiere, I do not see why a simple maid has to learn all of these things. All I do is clean after all!" said Plumette as she walked back towards Lumiere.

"Oui , but this will help you when the Prince throws balls and ceremonies. Sometimes he chooses maids to represent his castle, he only chooses the most beautiful." said Lumiere as he pinched Plumette's nose lightly.

"Ball? Like a party?" she asked.

"Indeed. The Prince throws them often and everyone who is anyone is invited... In fact there happens to be one very soon. Which means you must learn to dance!" said Lumiere excitedly.

"Oh, no, no I do not dance! I have never danced in my life."

"It is never to late to learn, in fact let us begin to learn the basics. Maestro Cadenza!"

Suddenly a short man dressed in elegant attire and...very large white hair, came waltzing in with a bright smile on his face.

"Yes, Monsieur Lumiere?"

"Would you please play us a piece of your work? My dear Plumette here is learning how to dance for the ball." Said Lumiere as he lightly pulled Plumette closer to him. Cadenza glanced at Plumette then back at Lumiere.

"Ah! This is the woman you told my lovely Garderobe and I about! Pleasure to meet you Mademoiselle!" said Cadenza as he bowed. Plumette (who finally mastered it) curtsied and Lumiere smiled proudly at her.

"Who is Garderobe, Lumiere?" asked Plumette.

"Oh, she is Maestro Cadenza's wife and a lovely singer. You shall meet her at the ball,she is quite a fascinating woman."

Maestro Cadenza made his way over to the harpsichord and began to play one of his pieces. Lumiere turned to face Plumette and slowly wrapped an arm around her waist. Plumette sucked in her breath a bit out of nervousness, but then followed his lead and placed a arm on  his shoulder and connected her other hand with his.

"Just glide with me Mon Cheri.." he whispered.

"I might step on your toes.."

"Then you must let me kiss you every time you do.." he said, and chuckled as Plumette turned her head away in embarrassment .

Step after step the pair glided across the room along with the beautiful music that came from Cadenza's playing. Every step became easier for Plumette, and if anyone had walked in it would appear that she had been dancing for years.

"You are a natural Mon Cheri. Quite light on your feet." said Lumiere as he looked down at Plumette.

"Am I really? It does feel quite nice, I must admit." said Plumette, smiling.

Lumiere smiled as well and pressed against Plumette more.

"You know, we have not been able to..go on a proper outing together." he said as he spun her around.

"Lumiere! You know we can not-"

"Plumette , what is the point in me being with you if I can not even see you?"