XVIII: Be Our Guest 🍽

"LUMIERE!" Roared the Beast as he stomped into the kitchen. Lumiere and Cogsworth froze and stared towards the door, expecting the worst.

"I told you he'd be angry!" Said Cogsworth as he shuffled away from him.

"Hush, let me do the talking."

The Beast stomped through the doors and glared at the two servants.

"You're making her dinner?!"

"I'm assuming you do not want the company?" Asked Lumiere, acting like nothing was wrong. Cogsworth mentally prayed the Master would not throw him out the nearest window.

"She's a prisoner, she doesn't deserve to eat at a table with the master of this household!" Said The Beast as he stomped back and forth in front of them.

"Master, has it not crossed you mind that this girl could be the one to break the spell?!" said Lumiere, as he climbed on top of some plates to reach the Beasts eyes.

"She's the daughter of a thief, why would she fall in love with me. Honestly what kind of person do you think she is?!"

"Master, you must try. That rose only has a few petals left and because of it, the castle is barley standing on it's own! Do you want to remain a beast forever?!" Said Lumiere, getting frustrated with his attitude.

"I am not a beast!" He roared.

"Yes. You. Are. Honestly there's no denying that." said Lumiere firmly. It was rare for him to speak to his former Prince this way. But when he did, the master knew he was not in any mood to fool around. Even if he was a two foot candelabra. Almost everyone in the castle had thrown a glaring eye towards the Master whenever he passed them. They were angry and saddened at him, but Lumiere was really the only servant that dared to mock him as his own punishment.

"You are foolish! All of you are! If you want me to have dinner with her so badly then I'll go ask her myself!"

"But you must be kind!" Blurted out Cogsworth.

"And gentle..." said Mrs. Potts as she rolled in with her tea cart and Chip by her side. She had heard the Master yelling from down the hall and came in to check to make sure Lumiere and Cogsworth were still alive.

"Kind? To her? A thiefs daughter.." said the Beast.

"You can't judge people by who their parents are.. you of all people should now that." Said Mrs. Potts

The Beast sneered at her and turned to head upstairs to Belle's new room (which he also was not pleased about). The three servants followed and noticed Plumette dusting outside of the room by the table that held an empty flower vase.

"O-Oh, good evening Master." She said as the Beast ignored her and began banging on the door. Lumiere jumped on top of the table and motioned Plumette to him.

"You will join me for dinner! That's not a request..."said the Beast.

"Oh, gently Master, the girl has been through a lot today!" Said Mrs. Potts.

"She could be in there crying.." mumbled Cogsworth.

"Or, she's scared to death." Said Plumette.

"Probably fainted at this point." Chimed in Lumiere.

"Alright I get it!" Said the Beast as he turned to face his servants.