XIX: Misconception☁️

"If you hadn't gone to the West Wing, I wouldn't be lying in this bed covered in wounds!"

"I apologized already! Honestly control your temper!"

Back and forth the Beast and Belle had argued, leaving the servants standing awkwardly in beside the bed as they watched their guest heal the wounds on the Beasts back.

"Honestly at this rate they'll never fall in love..." mumbled Lumiere as he leaned against the bed frame.

"She did come back.." whispered Plumette.

Lumiere glanced over at the bickering two and huffed. He wanted to believe there was hope, he truly did. He admired how brave Belle was in bringing him back and even standing up to him. She could have left him stranded in the woods! But there had to be some sort of spark between them or else things would never change.

"Alright, all done. Get some rest, I'll come to change your bandages in the morning. For heaven sakes put some pants on." Said Belle as she walked out of the destroyed bedroom.

"Well that was a close call" said Cogsworth as he headed out as well with Mrs. Potts.

"Yes, quite a scare indeed."

Lumiere and Plumette stayed behind to look after their former Prince. He sighed in annoyance at the bandages all around his body.

"She should have stayed."

Lumiere hoped on to the night table beside the Beasts bed.

"Master, you did growl at her quite loudly." Said Lumiere, Plumette floating close next to him .

"I couldn't help it! She almost took the vase off of the rose!" Said the Beast as he crossed his arms together.

"Perhaps you should do something to say thank you, she did save your life as well." Said Plumette as she sat herself on the small table. The Beast stood quiet for a moment... it wasn't a bad idea.

"...Like what?"

Lumiere scratched the back of his head and looked around the room in deep thought. His eyes spotted some books laying scattered around the bed.

"The library! She did mention she loved too read no?"

"The library is filthy, there's no way she'd be impressed with that." Said the Beast.

"I could clean it.. with help from the others of course." Said Plumette, avoiding eye contact with the Beast.

"You'd...do that?"

Plumette chuckled and Lumiere smiled brightly at her. Her laugh always seemed to lift his mood.

"Oui Master, I am a maid after all. I'll begin in the morning, and after your healed you can show her." Said Plumette happily.

"A-Alright." Said the Beast laying back down on his bed. He was surprised at her kindness considering her lashing out at him the other day.

Lumiere and Plumette got down from the night stand and began making their way out of the door. Lumiere had placed a arm behind Plumette's small frame and began whispering sweet things in her ear, forgetting that the Beast was still in the room. The Beast glanced at the two and noticed this.

"Wait." He said.

The two froze and turned around, Lumiere forgetting to remove his hand.

"You two..are you ...married?"

Lumiere's eyes widened and he quickly removed his arm from Plumette's small frame.