IV: Getting to Know You 🏹

Two weeks had passed since Plumette moved into the castle. The first few days she had woken up late and had missed breakfast. Luckily, Julienne had snuck in extra loads of bread and would give to Plumette as they cleaned the castle.
They had gotten quite close over the weeks that passed and Plumette was delighted that she had gained a friend so quickly. In fact, after Julienne had introduced Plumette to the other maids, she had gotten close to all them rather quickly.  They would always ask her how her skin was so soft and glowy, and questions about her background. At first the other maids were a bit shocked that she had lived in a brothel, but were more relaxed when she had told them she had never slept with any men.

She wondered why people would react this way every time she told them this. Would they like her any less if she had?

During her breaks Lumiere had visited her and tried to teach her little ways to improve her etiquette. She was reluctant at first, but he always found ways to make her more comfortable.

"When dining with others, it it important not to slurp your food so harshly." He said, as they sat down in the kitchen table.

"But the food is so delicious! It's a compliment, no?" She said as she took a bite of the soup Mrs. Potts had placed in front of her.

Lumiere chuckled and reached over to wipe some soup that had gotten on the corner of Plumettes mouth.

"Yes Mon Cheri, but in the presence of others in high society it is not. It's considered obnoxious."

Plumette blushed in embarrassment and set her spoon down.

"Apologies Monsieur.."

"Do not be sorry! It is not your fault that you don't understand. It takes time to get used to such things." Said Lumiere .

Mrs. Potts, who was washing tea pots, walked over and patted Plumettes back in a motherly way.

"Oh, cheer up dear! You'll get used to things."

Suddenly a loud cheering sound came from the outside of the door, and a blonde little boy came rushing in on top of a tea cart and crashed into the kitchen table.

"Woo hoo! Mama look! I learned a new trick on the cart!" Said the little boy.

Mrs. Potts rushed over to the little boy (who was now on the floor) and brushed off the dust in his hair.

"Oh, Chip! I told you to stop riding on the tea carts in the castle!" Said Mrs. Potts. But the little blonde haired boy laughed and Mrs. Potts pinched his cheeks.

"I'm serious Chip! You could have gotten hurt again!"

"Oh, I'm alright Mama!" He said. He looked around the kitchen and noticed Plumette and Lumiere.

"Who's that Mama?" He said as he pointed to Plumette.

Mrs. Potts pushed his fingers down and shook her head.

"What I tell you about pointing! Goodness me your on a roll today little rascal! That woman there is Plumette. She's a new maid working in the castle." Said Mrs. Potts

Chip sat up from the ground and skipped over towards to where Plumette and Lumiere were sitting and nudged himself between them.