Ch. 4

Jack's POV~~

"so, this will take a while to clean up..." I stand at the piles of broken stuff that's all over the room.
"you think? Michael! Gavin! You two are helping us!" Geoff yells.
"Awwww. But why doesn't Ryan have to clean?" Gavin whinned.
"Because he has to keep Ray busy." I replied.
"But we can do that!" Gavin pleaded. "No, this is part of your punishment! Plus if you three are alone, bad things will happen..."
"Yeah, Gav, help me clean this!" Michael commanded.
Gavin looked disappointed and went over and start picking things up.
~~~~
Ryan's POV~~~

"Okay, Ray. What do you want to play?" Ray just ignored me and crawled over to the TV I have in the corner of the room.
"Oh, you want to watch cartoons?" I turn on and the flip through the TV. "Too violent, inappropriate, whoa nude scene, you are definitely too young for that, but I gotta remember that channel..." I finally come to a station with an appropriate show.
"Here, you like my little pony right?" Ray was glued to the TV. I leaned against my bed and got lost in thought. I glanced at the floorboard Ray was sitting on, and remembered something. How did Ray get Edgar before?
I slowly went over to Ray. Good thing the show was over or he wouldn't have payed any attention to me.
"Hey Ray? You know who Edgar is right?" He nodded. "do you know where he is?" Ray slapped the floor board with his palm. "yes, did you take Edgar?" he nodded. "You shouldn't borrow my things without asking."
"Not borrow!"
"You didn't borrow him? well in that case you shouldn't take my things either. that's called stealing. and it's bad."
"No"
"No?"
"Fwee Edgar!!!"
"Oh God... no Ray. Edgar likes his hole. Just like you like your crib, and how you like roses.
"Nooooo... he doesn't wike it..."
"And how do you know that?"
He just stood up and quickly pulled up the floor board. I just sat there and watched, where is he going with this? He pulled out Edgar and held him above his head. "See... he's happy!"
"No! He's happier in the hole!" I grabbed the cow, "he's happier with Mom!" I shoved Edgar back in his hole. I pulled over the board when I heard a soft voice,
"Mom?..."
I looked back up at Ray and did my best to fight back the tears that had formed. he didn't seem sad. More... confused. 'Mom' is a foreign word to him. After she died we never talked about her, never mentioned her, we even did our best to not think about her. Ray doesn't know anything about her.
"That's right. you didn't know her did you?" Ray just stared at me. I reached into the small space and pulled out the picture. I replaced the board, picked up Ray and carried him over to my bed. I sat down, placing him in my lap and holding the picture in front of us.
"That's mom... she...she died when you were born..."
"Me?" he looked up at me.
"Oh no! it wasn't your fault! Not at all! Just...she was sick for a while... it was her time I guess..." Tears slid down my cheeks and dripped onto my lap. "She was an amazing lady. She was pretty and so sweet and caring, she always put us ahead of everything, even dad."
"Dad?"
"Dad was mean. he didn't care about us. he left a few years ago... I never liked him though... but mom did, I never got why, he gave me the creeps."
Ray looked up at me, he must've noticed me crying, he squirmed around on my lap until he was standing and we were face to face. His little hands came up and wiped away the fresh tears. "It's okay Rye!" he kissed my forehead and I looked up at him.
"Yeah..."
I picked him up and twirled him around, before dropping him on my bed and tickling him till we both couldn't stop laughing.