Ch. 26

~Mogar's POV~

"Ah!" I wince, holding my sore arm, but I don't stop. I step back, running into the door again. It's almost there. Just- slam-A few-slam-more-slam-hits-slam. I tumble to the floor.

"Finally!" I yell, Im finally free of the small, dark room. I take a look at my surroundings.

"Great, a long dark hallway." I sigh, "much better." It could take an hour to look in every room. I need to hurry. I need to stop him before the Iron Kitten gets here.

-3rd person POV-

"All I need is for you to cooperate. If you do it'll be alot easier." The Mad King saysas he walks upmto the cage.

"Never! I won't help you!" She yells, backing away from him.

"You people always do like to make it harder for me, dont you?" He says with a sigh. "You superheroes, always doing what you think is right. Have you ever thought that maybe my end goal is good? Even though it doesn't look like it? Maybe Im doing this for the good of mankind, and you would see that if you had bothered to ask? Have you ever even thought that?"

She stops. Had they ever asked? Maybe he is doing good?

"Well, what are you doing?" she asks hesitantly.

"I'll have you know, this specific syrum isn't evil. It's, hopefully, a cure for cancer. When I'm not working on this, I'm trying to find a way for the blind to see, and the deaf to hear." He replies, a sad look in his eyes.

"Oh..." She mumbles, shocked by what she heared. This whole time, she had thought he was evil, everyone had.

"Yes, and I need you help." He steps closer, looking into her eyes. "Please? I-I can't do this without you."

She pauses, looking down. She gently bites her lip.

"...Okay..."