Chapter 30

~Ryan’s POV~

“Hey guys!” I say as I walk over to the tree that my friends lean against.

“Hey,” Adam and Monty say in unison.

“What’s up?” I ask, dropping my backpack against the tree, sitting down next to them.

“Nothing, so how you doing with the thing?” Adam asks.

“Pretty good. Almost done actually. I would’ve been done already if it wasn’t for my little brother and his little girlfriend wanting to play superheroes.”

“oh that sucks… well at least you can work on it now.” Adam says.

“Yeah and if you want we can give you a hand.” Monty adds.

“Yeah thanks,” I smile, “You read my mind…”

“Oh no we didn’t actually mean-“ Monty starts.

“Nope, you said it. You’re doing it.” I state. They look at each other, then back at me.

“Help you with what exactly?” Adam asks.

“Nothing bad. I’m not gonna test it on you or anything.” I open my back pack, and search through it. “Its just… I need…” I pull out the small white box. “This part.” I point to the small device. “You guys have a ton of X-box controllers that don’t work right? I need this part from one of them. I’d take it from one of mine but if I break another controller, I think Geoff will actually kill me.” I pause, looking up at them.

“’Kay. Y’know… I just might…” Adam mumbles, rooting through his bag. “here.” He holds out an X-box controller.

“Dude! Youre awesome!” I yell, taking it from him, almost instantly attempting to pry it in half.

“Why’d you just have that with you?” Monty asks.

“Oh, well I, uh, I was gonna go to your place after, so uh…”

“You were gonna switch it for one of mine weren’t you?!”

“Maybe…”