Ch. 25

~3rd person POV~

"Stop right there Mad King!" Comes a voice from somewhere in the warehouse.

"Ah. i was wondering when you'd get here... I suppose your little friends followed along?" The Mad King replies, not bothering to turn around.

"No," The source of the voice silently drops from above, unintentionally missing the trapdoor. "I'm alone, now give Mogar back." The figure commands.

"My aren't you brave." The Mad King taunts, turning around. "But you're just a scared-y cat, aren't you, Iron Kitten?" He takes in her outfit. The calico, latex suit, the paw- gloves, equipped with razor sharp claws, and matching boots, topped off with a small cat mask, covering the upper half of her face.

"No. Im not scared of you." She yells back, her voice full of confidence.

"You should be." He growls, pulling a lever. A large steel cage falls from above. She leaps away in an attempt to move from under it, but to no avail. the edge of the cage lands inches from where she stops, trapping her inside.

"What are you trying to do?!" She yells. His booming laugh resonates throughout the room.

"I'm not trying to do anything, dear girl. I am succeeding." He slowly walks down to the edge of the cage. Her arm launches through the bars, ending no more than an inch from his neck. He laughs once more. "You see, kitten," he pauses, happy with the new nickname for her, "of course i new Mogar would come to try to stop me, I knew he would be stupid enough to land o my little trapdoor over there, and i knew you would come to save him. But, honestly," he shrugs, "The cage was really just luck. I thought you'd be over there," he gestures off to the side. "but that's not important now is it? Because now i have you right where i want you," he steps forward, taking hold of one of the bars, "and I'm not letting go, kitten."