Chap 5

You skated up to the table slower than usual in hopes that they would leave. "Good luck," Drakon muttered as he read a book.

"I'll need more than luck," you sassed.

"Why do I have the feeling I won't be able to get a zone meal here?" Asked Arba, gesturing towards the menu.

"I already ate," said Gyokuen as a matter-of-factly.

"Gyokuen, laxatives don't qualify as a food group," said Markkio. Falan giggled and Gyokuen gave a disbelieving look.

"Surprised you didn't know that." He continued, smirking.

"Well, if it isn't diner girl," said Arba, changing the subject with a malicious smile on her face.

You put a hand on your hip, dismissing her comment, "what can I get you guys?" You asked, clicking your pen to get ready to write something.

"What can I get that has no sugar, no carbs and is fat-free?" Asked Arba, scanning the menu.

You "thought" about it and then answered, "water," you said causing Sinbad to chuckle.

"Water? Feisty." Said Ithnan with interest.

Gyokuen gave you a dirty look, "was that supposed to be a joke?"

"It was funny," defended Sinbad as Arba glared at him.

"No, it was supposed to be a fact, sweetheart." You sassed while crossing your arms. They looked at you taken aback.

"Whatever. I'll have a Vos," said Arba, shrugging off the sass.

You looked at her confused, "excuse me?"

"It's water. From Norway," said Falan.

"She's the worst," muttered Gyokuen. The two guys with then began to laugh at your clueless face.

"Sorry, princess, we only have water from the Valley." You crossed your arms.

"Oh, well, then I'll have an iced tea." Arba then closed the menu.

"Make that two, and, uh, you know, I'm still waiting for that breakfast burrito, diner girl," said Markkio.

You scoffed and skated away to get the orders. "I swear, they just love to get on my nerves..." You mumbled.

A few minutes later you heard Arba scold Sinbad and leave the diner. You rolled your eyes at the drama queen.

You walked back and Markkio decided to bid you a sweet goodbye.

"Later diner girl."

You 'accidentally' bumped your elbow on his gut when he left.

Sinbad got out of the booth and handed you money for the drinks. "Oh, don't worry about it." You walked away to the counter and put the drinks down.

Sinbad sighed and then rubbed the back of his neck, thinking of the recent events with Arba.

You and Rurumu looked back at them leaving. Serendine walked by, "you know, those kids remind me of why I get into fights at school." she grabbed the drinks to get rid of them.

"I don't blame you," added Ja'far, who dressed as what looked like a matador. Who wouldn't want to fight those guys and make them shut up anyway.

Sinbad gave Sharrkan a weird look when he walked in dressed as a king of Heliohapt from a movie.

"Have no fear! Sharrkan is here." He said this in a mystical kind of voice. You smiled at his costume. He walked over to you, excited.

"And he's got the key to his dad's Mercedes," he said, jiggling the keys in front of you.