Chap 12

"What?!"

Esra gasped as she heard what happened the one day she wasn't in school. She felt awful to hear how humiliated you were.

Esra grabbed Sinbad's arm in an attempt to get up, "the one time I'm sick and couldn't work, this happens!" She exasperated, her rant was cut short as a fit of coughs attacked her.

Sinbad grew frantic, "mom! Be careful! Worry about yourself, you're sick!" He said as he laid his mom down again.

Esra sighed, "Sin... The reason I wanted to do this was to protect students from humiliation like that...-" she grabbed his hand- "can you at least promise me that you stepped up for her?" She asked.

Sinbad looked down at his mother's petite hands, "yes..."

•~•~•

Unfortunately, school was still back on Monday. So you were forced to walk through the halls in shame with head down as you pulled your cap and jacket closer to you.

Maybe if you tried hard enough you'd disappear... That's all you wanted as you felt all the students staring and laughing at you.

Your feelings grew even worse as you Sinbad across the hall, you pulled your cap down in an attempt to cover your face. Although, it was in vain as you felt his stare on you.

Sinbad stared at you as you walked through the halls, trying your best to ignore everyone's stares and laughter. Arba saw this and walked up to him, "people like her don't belong in our world Sinbad." She looked to you only to see old clothes and a tearstained face.

Sinbad only glanced at Arba and walked off leaving her there.

•~•~•

His finger ghosted over the keys as he thought about what to say. For once he was at a loss for words. Sinbad stared at his screen with the two words typed there.

Dear Y/N,

He scoffed at the words and deleted them. It seemed that right ones to fix the grave situation wouldn't come to mind.

•~•~•

You scrubbed away at the diner floor, trying to get rid of all the dirt and memories. You scrubbed away at it harder.

You sighed and got up only to fall back down thanks to the skates. You grew frustrated and took them off your feet, you threw them to the side and continued scrubbing.

Rurumu opened the gate on the counter holding a tray with condiments and frowned at your hopeless face, she put the tray down. She kneeled down next to you, "Y/N, what are you doing?" She asked, pushing a strand of your hair out of your face.

You barely gave her a glance, "I'm trying to get these floors clean," you said, turning back to scrubbing.

Rurumu grabbed your arm and helped you up, "come one, sweetie. Get up," she said, "what I mean is what are you doing with your life?" She asked.

"I'm diner girl. I'm doing what diner girl's do Rurumu." You turned away not meeting her eyes.

Rurumu placed a hand on your shoulder, "honey, what's gotten into you? You don't even realize how blessed you are. You've got a whole family behind you," she said gesturing to the employees who waved at you with a smile, along with Drakon.

You sheepishly looked down to the rag in your hands with a smile, they were always there for you. "We have faith in you, you've gotta have faith in yourself," she said with a smile. You nodded.

The moment was interrupted as Kil and Fatima came in preoccupied with their phones. Fatima slammed the door shut causing the rattling guitar to finally succumb to the force and take some of the wallpaper with it.