What Happened?

Hi, I am uploading early because I am not in town on Saturday, so early start now, maybe early upload nextweek! By the end of this chapter, you might say, "But she copied the originals." I didn't, it's just irony. I have something different planned, so just go with it.

I heard the wild noise of a helicopter and I knew my heroes had arrived. Percy and Annabeth climbed down via very shaky rope ladder. He rushed to Alysa and pulled her into a hug just as Annabeth did the same to me. They were just happy we had survived. Right then, a lightning bolt barely missed Alysa and Percy’s arms.

“Really, Zeus?! Now’s not the time!” Percy shouted up at the sky. Another lightning strike hit close to his head and I just rolled my eyes as he was getting pissed.

“So, what’s the reason we were abducted by the lord of the sky and my all time worst enemy and sent here?” Percy asked me. I pointed to Josh, who pointed at the three spirits. Annabeth’s face went pale when she saw Luke. Seconds later, it turned bright red with rage.

“You dare come back from the dead and aid people? You dare send me here to confront you? What are you going to do, kill Percy now?” She screamed.

“Um… Cristina… I told you this was not a good idea. Listen, Annabeth, I was sent here by the gods, Zoë and Silena were too. There is a great force rising, one which you are not prepared to fight. We must join old and new heroes to defeat this new threat. It was not my idea to bring you here, but I’m glad you came. And I would never, never do anything to hurt Percy or either of the camps ever again. I was wrong, but now I have my chance to make up for it,” Luke explained. It was the first time I had heard the story.

One question was still lurking above my head, “What happened between you two?”

“Chapters ten, eleven, and twelve in demigod history. You’ll find out later, it’s a delicate topic for me,” Annabeth replied.

“What? I have my own chapters in a Camp Half-Blood class? That’s so nice of you” Luke asked sarcastically.

“I’ll tell her now, they need to know all the little details in order to grasp the full picture,” Percy suggested. Luke nodded and Annabeth agreed.

Percy, Alysa, Josh and I walked away from the others. I got worried about leaving Annabeth with Luke, even if there were two other people- or should I say spirits- with them.

Percy explained to us what had happened during the Second Titan War. From his first coming to camp, all the way to Luke stabbing himself to save the world from Kronos. He talked about how Luke had betrayed the gods, how he helped re-arise the titan king. He told the story of Nico’s coming to camp with his sister Bianca and their life stories. He talked about Silena being a spy, the feud between the Ares and Apollo cabins, and Silena’s risking her life for the camp. He talked about Rachel, and how she came to be the oracle. He talked about Thalia and how she came to be the lieutenant of Artemis. He said that he and Annabeth used to have matching grey hairs from when they held up the sky. He talked about going through the labyrinth and how the entrance from camp is now unable to be used. He told me how Annabeth had a laptop, Deadulus’s laptop, but she had lost it a few years later. He told us about the time he took a dip in the Styx, but it wore off when he was switched to Camp Jupiter. He talked about Pandora’s box-  which was actually a jar- and how he had to keep hope. He told us every little detail.

“You forgot the two best parts!” Annabeth shouted.

“And what were they?” Percy asked.

“The time when you went to Hoover Dam and you cracked jokes about the dam snack bar and the dam bathroom.” We all started cracking up.

“And what was the bestest part of those four years?”

“Bestest? It’s best, Percy. And the best part was on your sixteenth birthday, when we had our first official kiss as a couple at the bottom of the lake.” Everyone awed at this.

“Barf. No romance allowed,” Alysa screamed just as Percy and Annabeth were about to kiss.

“You’re just jealous that I have a girlfriend and you have nobody,” Percy teased his little sister.

“Be nice, everybody,” Luke parented.

“I’m afraid that’s not possible,” Josh finally spoke.

“And why not?”

“Because the gods have turned, and so have I.”

And I thought, Well, that’s ironic.