My First Monster

A/N: So, I've noticed I haven't posted a picture of the actress I see as Cristi, so here it is -->

Leo turned around to see us and screamed, “What are doing here and how did you get here?!”

“I think the better question here is, why were you kissing my sister?” Zoë asked furiously.

“Um… sister?” Leo asked.

“Yes, our dad is Atlas, the titan that holds up the world,” replied Calypso. Yes, Calypso. Leo had found her.

“Leonardo Valdez! What are is going on here?!” Annabeth asked.

“Chill, Annie. You freak out too much. What are you people doing aboard my awesome new ship?” Leo asked.

“It’s Annabeth! We need your help,how many rooms do you have here?” Annabeth asked.

“About four total sleeping rooms.”

“Great, we’re going to need to pair up.”

“How about Calypso and Zoë share a room, being sisters. Annabeth and Cristi can also share a room because they’re sisters. Percy and I can share. Silena can have her own, and Leo can sleep in the boiler room,” Luke suggested.

“That could work, as long as you don’t try to kill me in my sleep,” Percy responded.

“Deal. I don’t kill anyone but the thing anymore,” Luke said.

“I’m not even going to ask about what this thing is. So, how’d you travel across five or six time zones so fast?” Leo asked.

Alysa and Percy looked at eachother then at Leo and said, “Water teleportation.”

Calypso’s face went pale. Leo said, “What is up with you two, y’all are scarin’ Mrs. Valdez.”

“Excuse me?!” everyone else said in unison.

“I must agree with them, what did you just say?!” Calypso added.

“Nothing... much,” Leo defended.

“Oh, shut up, Leo, we all know you said something,” Silena spoke.

“Who in Hades are you?” Leo asked, pointing to Silena, Luke, and Zoë.

“UGH! More introductions,” I introduced the three newcomers.

“Well then, let’s go down to the mess hall. Is anyone else hungry?” Leo asked.

“I am!” everyone else shouted in unison. We all followed Leo down to the mess hall, which- I am sure I’m not the only one who thought this- was truly a mess. We sat down and everyone’s plates and cups filled with whatever they wanted, just like at Camp. I had a burger, shake and fries just because I wanted to. Don’t judge me.

“So we have to travel across two time zones to get to Camp, that enough time for you?” Leo asked.

“It should be fine. I’m going to my room,” Silena said. She got up and started leaving.

“I’m going to go, too. I still need to internalize the events of the night,” I said. I also got up and left. Only difference, I didn’t go to my room, I went to Silena’s. I lightly tapped on the door and walked in.

“Oh, hey, Cristi, what’s up?” She greeted through tears.

“Oh, you know, I just found out many surprising bits of information in a three hour period. The average demigod day. What’s wrong, why are you crying?”

“I wouldn’t expect you to understand, you’re just 13 and I’m technically 21. You also didn’t die.”

“What’s it about? Maybe I’ll surprise you with my understanding.”

“Charlie. See, Charlie was my boyfriend, and we both died in the Second Titan War. I got to come back before him and I’m terrified to find out if he made it back or if he’s still in Elysium.”

“Don’t worry, I bet he’s waiting for us at camp. You could always Iris Message Nico to ask him about it.”

“Yeah, I guess. You feeling alright yourself?”

“Yeah, it was just a surprise to me.”

“I can tell. Do you think you’re ready to be a huntress?”

“I guess so, I mean, it’s my destiny. I don’t exactly have a choice.”

“It may be your destiny, but you always have a choice. I have an idea of what truly lies in your heart, the question is, do you know?” Then, I just walked out to my room. As I entered the room, I heard screams coming from the mess hall. Both Silena and I ran out of our rooms and headed toward the screams. Tearing into the heart of the ship was a- well I don’t know what it was. It was giant, scaly, green, and human-eating.

“What is that thing?!” Alysa screamed.

“I do not know, in any of my three millennia I have not seen a creature of that sort,” Zoë said.

“It’s a water drakon! Neither Alysa, Percy, nor Leo can win against it,” Annabeth said.

“Annabeth, hand me your dagger, I know it’s weak spot. I need to fly up there, but I’ma do it anyway.”

“NO!”

“Give it, Annabeth, it will make this battle so much easier.”

“No way, Luke,, there is no way-” and I stopped listening there.

Zoë came up to me and handed me her bow and an arrow. “Here, try your skill, let’s see how you do.”

I took the bow and fiddled with the arrow until I secured it correctly. I raised it and aimed for the drakon’s eye. I shot. From that moment, it felt like the whole world just slowed down. Three very long seconds later, I found out I hit a bull’s eye, pun not intended. The beast fell backwards and did a back-flop into the water.

“Hurry, everyone to the boiler room, it will keep us alive in any circumstance. He he, that’s a funny word, circumstance,” Leo said.

We all ran into the boiler room, which was somehow indestructible, but I had learned not to underestimate the power of the Leo. The ship broke and we relied on a metal boiler room to arrive at Camp within three hours. This was just great.