Percy Jackson Talks to ME

• Dedicated to Nate, a real life Percy

Chiron showed me into the Big House. It was pretty large, two stories and an attic, covered in blue paint. Inside, a tall boy with scruffy black hair, green eyes, and a 'troublemaker's smile' came up to me. 

"Hey, I'm Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon," he introduced, "and this is Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena." A girl walked up beside him. She had blonde hair and deep gray eyes that made me think that she was analyzing the best way to take me down in a fight. 

"I know, James told me all about you. Percy, you helped your friends save the world a couple times. Annabeth, you redesigned Mount Olympus." They nodded.

"You're pretty smart and seem to know a lot about the Greek world, why haven't you been eaten yet?" Percy asked. 

"I was wondering the same thing on my way here," I responded. I hoped that I would get claimed by Poseidon so that Percy and I could be siblings. Only problem was, I was terrified of water and spiders, kind of irrational, isn't it?

"What's that around your neck?" Annabeth asked.

"Oh, I've had it since I was born," I said, cleuless, which almost never happened. I took off my necklace and gave it to Annabeth. It was gold with two charms on it. One was a golden owl and the other was a bow and arrow mad of silver. It felt strange not to have it on, I had been wearing it my whole life. 

"There's no need for you to move into the Hermes cabin just yet, I have a feeling that your mom will claim you by the end of capture-the-flag," Annabeth told me, stressing the word 'mom.' I got suspicious that she wasn't telling me all she knew.

"I think I know how you feel, she did the same thing to me when I was new," Percy said, as if he was reading my mind. "I think I know what the owl means, it's the bow-and-arrow that stumps me. What's your name?"

"Cristi," I replied.

"Your full name."

"Cristina."

"That's it? What about a last name?"

"Well, if James adoped me, legally it would be Cristina Underwood."

"No middle name then?" 

"Not that I know of."

"Maybe giving you a tour will clear my mind." He beckoned me to follow him out of the Big House. He showed me the dining pavilion, the lava wall, the armory, the cabins, and lastly, the arena. 

"Wanna fight?" I asked Percy. Some demigods that were there were ooh-ing and ah-ing at me. Obviously, Percy was good with a sword and I might have been the first person to challenge him since the time of Luke. I picked up a sword and strapped on some armor anyway.

By the time we were done, I was sweating, still alive, and admiring Percy's pen-sword thingy. "Have you ever used a sword?" he asked me. 

"Nope," I replied. 

"Well, well, well, who do we have here, Ares maybe? Last demigod to win against Percy was me," said a large, muscular girl who was watching us fight. She was so intimidating that she could have scared the heck out of King Midas after he took just one look at her.

"Her name's Cristi. She's undetermined, her mom," Percy practically spat in the girl's face.

She turned to me, "Name's Clarisse LaRue, daughter of war." No kidding, I thought. "Would you like to be on my side for capture-the-flag?" she offered.

"She's already with Athena," Percy spat back. The two went on and on, so I quickly slipped away.

I found Annabeth in Cabin Six. She was studing my necklace, more specifically the bow-and-arrow charm. I sat on one of the empty bunks and watched her for hours. Then the bell rang.